Daf xf 106 microphone issues

hi guys
has anyone had issues with the phone mic (next to the tacho) being so quiet ? im having trouble with other people hearing me bluetooth all paired up phone working perfect but mic is very low volume also bought new mic and tried that any help would be greatfull cheers

Sounds so simple it probably seems stupid but if you have the volume on your handset at anything other than maximum you will find it very quiet through the trucks Bluetooth.

the maoster:
Sounds so simple it probably seems stupid but if you have the volume on your handset at anything other than maximum you will find it very quiet through the trucks Bluetooth.

cheers pal will give anything a try its doing my head in

I’ve just reread your first post Andy and it appears that it’s whoever you’re talking to that has difficulty hearing you? My suggestion was geared more towards you not being able to hear them, but give my suggestion a whirl, you never know ‘till you try.

I’m sure there’s a setting in there where you can alter the mic gain, can’t remember if it’s on the radio or the dash though.

Whack the volume up, using the volume buttons on your steering wheel.
That does mike volume and speaker volume I think.
The volume knob on the radio does nothing for phone calls, although for anything else either volume control will do.

Simon:
The volume knob on the radio does nothing for phone calls, although for anything else either volume control will do.

This. Its rather a wierd setup on the DAFS with the manufacturer’s head unit because it’s not done on the head unit but the dash display (using same knob near left knee you check oil level etc with) and steering wheel controls.

If you ever find your phone doesn’t connect press the call button on the steering wheel then it’ll bring up a menu that’ll allow you to connect.

tried all that guys still no joy :cry: some idiot has chopped the mic out and left the 2 wires hanging so now found theres no power checked all fuses in fuse box and all are fine any help would be greatfully accepted

Conor:
If you ever find your phone doesn’t connect press the call button on the steering wheel then it’ll bring up a menu that’ll allow you to connect.

Only if you’re standing still though, to connect your phone, at least on mine it’s like that.
If you’re moving, the phone icon is greyed out.
Once it’s connected to the truck bluetooth you can make and receive calls as normal.