DAF XF 105

HI
I have got a problem with my DAF105 (510) and wanted to know if anyone else has had this problem.
First the exhaust warning light then the ad blue guage goes off then the engine warning light then engine power limiter light and of course lack of power the daf computer says communication problem so they ran a new cable but has not cured the problem thanks.

sat:
HI
I have got a problem with my DAF105 (510) and wanted to know if anyone else has had this problem.
First the exhaust warning light then the ad blue guage goes off then the engine warning light then engine power limiter light and of course lack of power the daf computer says communication problem so they ran a new cable but has not cured the problem thanks.

Someone put diesel / screenwash / water / ■■■■ / whatever else they can get into the hole - in your ad blue tank?

Surely though, it’s only the sender that’s faulty, when the pumps faulty, everything works fine but you don’t use any ad blue :wink:

I’d take the wire off the sender, bridge the contacts and worry about it at mot time :smiley:

I had that with mine and it was a sensor to do with the Ad Blue had got gunked up, DAF cleaned it and the problem was sorted, very quick repair I was only in there 30 minutes.

sat:
HI

Ad Blue "mixture modul " located in front of the ad blue tank knackered, common problem on the XF

Geoff

Ad blu stuff like the nozzles are warrented for 3 years with DAF
cheers
Steve

Coffeeholic:
I had that with mine and it was a sensor to do with the Ad Blue had got gunked up, DAF cleaned it and the problem was sorted, very quick repair I was only in there 30 minutes.

I agree with this. I’ve had the same with my Axor twice now. Both times it was the AdBlue injector.

AdBlue crystallises. You should notice this if you spill a little on the side of your tank or on the ground. This also happens in the injector from time to time.

Thanks for the responce i will pass the info on when it goes back to DAF on monday morning and i can look forward to brocklebank with the 85 on monday what a treat.

Ive noticed in the extreme cold that the ad blue gets used much less.

I bet the 510 pulls well, my usual 105 is only a 410 and it has to change down abit at the hills, the 460 pulls much better so the 510 will be canny.

Hope you get the problem sorted.

Our Dafs have been fine re; AdBlue but the Volvos are another story…

[Ive noticed in the extreme cold that the ad blue gets used much less.
/quote]

Adblue freezes at about -10c and the motor runs without using it ,without losing power

Geoff

tell them to check the 2 main relays, G015 and G126, the contacts burn out, usually G015 causes 3 yellow warning lights, so is the more probable one. Also, underneath the adblue dosing unit the plug that plugs upward into the unit gets wet and pins break in the plug, this is the lack of communication, it is failing the CANBus check due to a CAN wiring or power/earth fault.

The 2 plugs next to the battery box are a good place to start. (Adblue CAN/Power plugs)

I expect the DAF dealer will use DAVIE to check the ad blu for faults
cheers
Steve

gm:
I expect the DAF dealer will use DAVIE to check the ad blu for faults
cheers
Steve

I would expect so, but I would also expect the Davie to tell them pretty much nothing.

AD_BLUE is a pain in the ■■■■. FACT!

merc0447:
AD_BLUE is a pain in the ■■■■. FACT!

Agreed.

Hi thanks for all of your replies and suggestions after running new cables ect the problem was with the connecting plug from the sensor on the side if the ad blu tank hope this helps others with the same problem.