DAF XF 105 Night heater - pre heating

I dont normally have the luxury of the same vehicle next day, guaranteed, but I have this week. I have looked to see if I can set the cab to pre heat so its comfortable when I get in but I cant see anywhere to set it. It may not even have it. Any pointers? I can set an alarm on the menu are they connected?

presumably your referring to a system similar to a volvo where you can set the night heater to come on at x time, on the daf you cant, i leave the night heater on low all night it stops the windows freezing up and makes it comfortable when you get in.

wood73:
presumably your referring to a system similar to a volvo where you can set the night heater to come on at x time, on the daf you cant, i leave the night heater on low all night it stops the windows freezing up and makes it comfortable when you get in.

Bummer then. Thanks

Press the p button on the night heater then I think the time flashes. Scroll down to set the time then press the 1
? I think. Been a while!

I do this when im home for the night, otherwise my leather seats just get freezing during the night and its horrible waiting for them to warm up on a cold morning :sunglasses:

A company that starts with “B” and ends with “Ibby” got wise to this practice last winter. Memo went round all the satellite depot’s saying any driver found doing this was in for a rollocking due to fuel costs etc.
Everyone ignored it only to come in one morning to find a bod from HQ there making a note of all the vehicles with the Night Heater going pre-shift and some drivers did get a bit of a talking to.

Might be wise to check with the boss, or make sure nobody can find out!

Scarab:
A company that starts with “B” and ends with “Ibby” got wise to this practice last winter. Memo went round all the satellite depot’s saying any driver found doing this was in for a rollocking due to fuel costs etc.
Everyone ignored it only to come in one morning to find a bod from HQ there making a note of all the vehicles with the Night Heater going pre-shift and some drivers did get a bit of a talking to.

Might be wise to check with the boss, or make sure nobody can find out!

I darent leave it on - they leave the trucks so bloody empty that I could end up turning up at 3am with no diesel :smiley:

Another reason I like Volvo’s

Bit much haveing it on all night if you’re not in it.

press the p button then set the time you want it to come on and press p again.

Silver_Surfer:
Bit much haveing it on all night if you’re not in it.

Why?

bigvern1:
press the p button then set the time you want it to come on and press p again.

Where’s the P button

Do you have this model?

eberspacherDEMO copy(1).jpg

Managed to scare the living crap out our warehouse bloke when he opened up on a Monday. As he was walking around checking the trucks after opening the gate a few if our night heaters started up about 30 mins before we arrived in.

He didn’t realise you can program a Renault days in advance. Thought he was in a poltergeist film as it was though every time he walked past a truck the heater fired up.

bigvern1:
Do you have this model?

no it just has a turnable know so I guess it doesnt have one. Thanks anyway.

Because they use diesel Daf man.

midlifetrucker:

bigvern1:
Do you have this model?

no it just has a turnable know so I guess it doesnt have one. Thanks anyway.

Does it say Webasto on the Knob?