DAF XF 105 Headlights

Hi got a DAF 105 XF is it me or my truck, but are the headlights crap on them, they seem very dim compared to other vehicles, any one think a change to xenons will do the trick, any recomendations on wattage.
thanks.

weeto:
Hi got a DAF 105 XF is it me or my truck, but are the headlights crap on them, they seem very dim compared to other vehicles, any one think a change to xenons will do the trick, any recomendations on wattage.
thanks.

Achange to xenons would be illegal unless you changed the actual lamps themselves, you are not alone with crap light though… Scanny ones are even worse, they need fog lights on too to see the road :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

smarty1972:

weeto:
thanks.

Achange to xenons would be illegal unless you changed the actual lamps themselves, you are not alone with crap light though… Scanny ones are even worse, they need fog lights on too to see the road :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Tried the fog lights, made no difference haha, gonna try illigal next then.

FH headlights are by far the worst. You could get more light from candles. Someone told me if you remove the plaggy covers over them they are fine though. :confused: DAF headlights usually aren’t bad if they’re adjusted right. :confused:

try cleaning them, makes a world of difference :slight_smile:

You need to be careful with them aftermarket xenon bulbs, think they’re prone to dazzle other users and are just a pit pants if it’s not a proper xenon lamp. If you replace the whole lamp for xenon’s just be careful when changing the bulb as I think thay carry a massive electrical charge in the lamp, one of the reasons that put me off having them.

weeto:
thanks.

I occasionally drive a 105 and it has factory fitted xenons, no problems with the headlights except that if you are over the water you cant manually adjust them (unless it’s broke), they are self leveling and level themselves against euro traffic! TBH it has got a light bar with 5 mega lights on also :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

STOP driving when it gets dark, park up and have a beer.

I got a 105 and thought the lights are pretty good ? better than the scania i had before !