Daf xf 105.460 EXHAUST SYS. WARNING

all those daf adblue faults are really frustraiting…
i have got slightly different issue than the rest as my DAF consumes adblue well (i think). There is Exhaust sys. warning on dash.
We have cleared it from system via DAVIE couple of times (error 120 and 128 - EAS nox faults) but it comes back after few hours of driving then after few days engine get limited as well.
I also noticed that adblue gauge couple of times showed not right amount of adblue in the tank (show 10% when it was actually 75%). Switch off and on and gauge has been operating correctly.

Its 09 plate. I am running it for about 10days. It has been parked up for last 2-3months.

What would be the first thing to approach ? I was thinking about replacing both NOXes and wirings ? What do you think ?

Bigups!
Raf

ignore 128,that is a group fault with 120 in it…so 120 is the culprit

I wouldn’t go throwing nox sensors at it not cheap and may not fix it

You need to make sure the ad-blue system is actually working and that the fluid is up to the correct strength/not contaminated

Once it is confirmed the ad-blue is working and dosing ok,then it would need a NOX monitor test ,which needs a DAVIE and a hill.When that is done the results are put in to a graph and it will tell you if the cat or what NOX sensor has failed

norb:
ignore 128,that is a group fault with 120 in it…so 120 is the culprit

I wouldn’t go throwing nox sensors at it not cheap and may not fix it

You need to make sure the ad-blue system is actually working and that the fluid is up to the correct strength/not contaminated

Once it is confirmed the ad-blue is working and dosing ok,then it would need a NOX monitor test ,which needs a DAVIE and a hill.When that is done the results are put in to a graph and it will tell you if the cat or what NOX sensor has failed

ok thanks!
on what gears / revs should i take up the hill? truck needs to be loaded i guess…

the exhaust temps need to beover 200 degrees If my memory serves me right ,yep a loaded trailer,and you need a hill where you stay in topgear max torque ie foot planted and the revs should gradually increase from 1200 rpm to about 1500,an you should be able to maintain all that for a minute ,though you need a davie to do the test ,as there is a static nox monitor test that davie controls…Also you need to be able to download the results and transfer on to graphs

norb:
the exhaust temps need to beover 200 degrees If my memory serves me right ,yep a loaded trailer,and you need a hill where you stay in topgear max torque ie foot planted and the revs should gradually increase from 1200 rpm to about 1500,an you should be able to maintain all that for a minute ,though you need a davie to do the test ,as there is a static nox monitor test that davie controls…Also you need to be able to download the results and transfer on to graphs

really thanks for advice. will run this test on saturday when get back to my base. just need to speak to my man if he can export davie data so i can make a graph from it.
can you know me how much adblue should my daf consume (as far as i remember davie shows amount consumed ?)

ive also written above about replacing nox’es and the wiring as i can get it quite cheap (used 100% operating for about £400 total.) thought i might cure it but if not i would need to do road test anyway.

thx

There is no set amount o ad blue that the vehicle uses, it is all on how hard vehicle is working and how much nox is produced…

replaced after cat nox sensor and its fine now. dash is clear.

Did you get a NOX monitor test done then.The problem most people have is understanding what the graph is telling them unfortunately

norb:
Did you get a NOX monitor test done then.The problem most people have is understanding what the graph is telling them unfortunately

wasnt abe to do it… have been too busy lately…
and have just trusted to my mechanic who was sure that it was the after cat nox broken… and… well he was right…
hope problem will not come back… .

btw. how does the nox monitor data look like? are those just digits that can be imported to spreadsheet and then just make a graph out of it?

once yo have down loaded the data from DAVIE on to a usb stick ,then you upload it on to a spread sheet ,but it has to be the a specific one supplied b DAF