Daf XF 09 night heater

Does anyone know where all the inlet and outlet pipes are on these ? Last few days I’ve turned the night heater on sometimes doesn’t even fire up it just makes a noise , and sometimes when it does fire up it cuts out like it’s overheating , there is nothing stuck behind the seats so was wondering where all the other pipes are to have a look , cheers

… Switches on, fan runs for a few seconds, then cuts out?
Check the in-line fuel filter between the tank and the heater unit.
Depending on the type fitted, this can be split and gauze blown out with compressed air or replaced.

Hope this helps.

It could be the regulator i had one done exactly the same and thats what it was

The Exhaust is under the wheel arch
Make sure the air inlet isn’t covered by a glove or something ,with the night heater being at the drivers seat ,I occasionally find gloves etc blocking it…

As mentioned earlier make sure the fuel line is clear,there is a join at the wheel arch ,basically when they drop the cab on the chassis at the factory then the use a piece of hose to join the 2 sections of fuel pipe together

Other items can be the glow plug or a build up of carbon in the night heater itself

Not had chance to have a good look , turned it up full and turned it on see if it would kick in but just clicked faster n faster on the fuel tank and smoked like mad from o/s back of cab and just cut out after a few minutes , I’ll get the fitters to have a look tomorrow the 13litre will have to keep me warm tonight !

It’s a gaskit gone on the heater. Suckin air in stead of fuel.