DAF Trucks reliability.euro 6 engine rattle

JUST REPLACED 2009 DAF XF 460 RANGE CHANGE SPLITTER [BRILLIANT TRUCK] WITH BRAND NEW XF 510 AS-TRONIC [MARCH 2016] AND IT MAKES A VERY LOUD RATTLE ON START UP OCCASIONALLY WHICH LASTS APPROX 3 OR 4 SECONDS. DAF SAID IT WAS NORMAL FOR EURO 6 ENGINE AND NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT ■■? IT DOESNT SOUND HEALTHY. ONLY COVERED 20,000kms AND ONLY STARTED DOING THIS AFTER APPROX 10,000 kms. OIL CHECKED DAILY [RECORDS LAST OIL CHECK ON COMPUTER]. ANY ONE ELSE HAD THIS ISSUE ?

My CF 360 8w has a tendency to clunk, bang and knock when going around certain corners and roundabouts. So much so that if I was in the passenger seat with my eyes closed, someone could drive through certain villages and I could tell where we were simply by the knocking noises. :blush:
We’ve had the UJ replaced about two months ago but the knocking has returned. I’m thinking that the centre bearing is wearing out. Any suggestions?

Weve got a few 460 XFs with auto boxes. And have had the 510 on demo. Vibration is common to all of em. Comes thro the steering column and wheel. Rattles the dash. Buzzing comes thro the floor. AdBlue tank cover rattles. Thin tin cover on exhaust may vibrate and split from corners. 510 lugs in the low gears and vibrates more than the 460. Not noticeably quicker cross country, but only one week may not be a good enough trial.
Mine has done 50k km and not shook itself to bits yet. Has succeeded in destroying any enjoyment I had in driving tho.
Would take my 800k 480 16speed back in a flash. Getting about 9mpg in our work, opposed to about 8mpg with old truck.

We’ve got a fleet of over 100 64 plate DAF CF 460 Euro 6s. We’ve over 30 based at our yard and I don’t recall any single one of them doing anything that Francais has posted and they’re all around or over 250,000km now. They’re quite a nice drive.

Conor:
We’ve got a fleet of over 100 64 plate DAF CF 460 Euro 6s. We’ve over 30 based at our yard and I don’t recall any single one of them doing anything that Francais has posted and they’re all around or over 250,000km now. They’re quite a nice drive.

We have some 14 and 15 year 460s. I am not aware of problems with them. My own 65 plate does vibrate around the 1100 to 1200rpm mark. It`s not like holding a road drill, but there is a definite unpleasant buzz through steering wheel, and trim rattle. That is the same with the others supplied at same time.
Can only speak as I find.

Franglais:

Conor:

We have some 14 and 15 year 460s. I am not aware of problems with them. My own 65 plate does vibrate around the 1100 to 1200rpm mark. It`s not like holding a road drill, but there is a definite unpleasant buzz through steering wheel, and trim rattle. That is the same with the others supplied at same time.
Can only speak as I find.

Should add ours are all XFs. Both sleeper and Super Space cabs. Maybe a problem with cab type rather than engine type?

out of the six 106.510 we have in my company, two have had engines replaced at around 200 000km due to shot main bearings. at the expense of DAF though, fortunately.