daf telematics

anyone know any tips on driving a daf equipped with DRIVER PERFORMANCE ASSISTANT. thanks :unamused:

Yes, ignore it.

the nodding donkey:
Yes, ignore it.

+1.

Keep it parked up…it will show 100%… :smiley:

Franglais:

the nodding donkey:
Yes, ignore it.

+1.

+2.
Just drive like you should. Easy on the brakes and accelerator and you will be fine. Mine has been on 62 for weeks. Are you going to be working for a firm that actually uses the data for a bonus or something?

Reset it just before you get back to the yard :wink:

lol, run on cruise control most of the time, start slowing down a mile and half before junctions, feather the throttle, keep it in the green band, most i ever got was 70% and that was spending a morning with the daf driver trainer

Yep, i managed up in the 70s on motorway making extensive use of the auxilliary brake and cruise, don’t think i touched the brakes for around 2 hours, soon as came off the motorway still doing everything right it just went down to the 60’s and nothing i could do after would build it appreciably higher.

I wonder how many have had near misses, or actual prangs, fannying about trying to please nannyDaf instead of getting on with the job in hand.

Last time mine went in for service it had 94% showing.

Its NOT because Im such a good driver, (although I am, and modest too :stuck_out_tongue: ) it merely shows how pointless it is.

Mine seems to be stuck on 68% never seen it move, but another driver we have can’t get above 45% but I have seen the state of his driving

A quick way to get 5 green ticks and a boost to your percentage is to turn off the cruise for a few second on the motorway then re engage it. It thinks you’ve gently slowed for a hazard and rewards you even though there was no reason for doing so.

Just a example of why the system is utterly useless and not fit for purpose.

It does prefer it if you use engine brake etc and not the foundation brakes ,and as it says coasting helps