Daf(t) speaker query

something that is bugging me now and again(thanks to early onset of alzheimers),is that in my 07 plate cf,it has 2 speakers on the back bunk wall…and they have never worked,there is wires going to them,and i have quickly had the head unit out,and all wires seem to be present and correct,and ive even tried adjusting the fader controls,all to no avail.so before i delve deeper into the “why the hell have my fitted speakers never worked conundrum”,has any one else come across this in their dafs?

are you sure there is actually speakers there?

sometimes, they fit speaker covers, but no actual speakers

there are definatley speakers there spanky,even got wiring up to them.i am staring to think that for some reason the head unit(original) is not somehow compatible.■■?

swap the wires round from thew front speakers to the rear ones at the head unit to test them ? :stuck_out_tongue:

The POS CF hire truck I had was the same; It had speakers in the back wall but no sound. Dunno if there was actually speakers behind the covers though

arent they for the telephone ?

Geoff

Test out the wires to see if any power is going to them. If they are for the phone or whatever there wont be any power going to them normally.
Thats the way i would do it anyway.
Ive got to sort out the speakers in my brothers new car. Its an ex Police car, and the right speakers arent working. The rear right speakers had the wires cut for use with the police radio i think(taken from the plug and attached to two more wires) and im hoping that when i join the wires back again the right front and rear speakers work. They cut the wires right down at the connector though, so ive got to do it a different way :unamused: