DAF Steps

Stopped for some breakfast this morning at Services on M40 and got a coffee to go.

Goes back to the cab and find I cannot unlock the drivers door with the key, no matter how hard I try. :imp:

So I go round to the passenger door which unlocks OK and I start climbing up to reach across to unlock drivers door, then suddenly the world dissappears beneath my feet.

I’m left standing on the concrete with an empty cup of coffee and my paper seems to have recieved the contents. Oh and my shins are bleeding as well thanks to the rapping they got on the way down.

I look down and the step is on the floor, all broken :unamused: . :open_mouth:

There’s coffee all over the passenger seat as well. In fact there’s coffee everywhere except it’s not in the cup :angry: The contents certainly seem to go a long way.

They don’t seem to build these steps very strong do they? This was on a DAF CF 7.5t. Has anybody else had this happen to them?
I tell you I was so cautious for the rest of the day getting in and out of the cab.

And the worst bit. No, not the blood loss but the loss of the coffee I was so looking forward to :wink:

:confused: Is this the LF with the “Renault” cab ? Any idea whether it had been bashed previously, weakening it ? Did you manage to get a photo ? What did the boss say ? :slight_smile:

I feel a claim coming on… :smiley:

NSF steps are the ones that tend to get bashed a lot, especially on 7.5 tonners, so it’s probably been weakened previously.

When i worked a few months for a guy in Walkden it happened to me twice.

I think i even posted it on here. The bracket holding the bottom step just snaps, utter â– â– â–  metal forging.

On the same truck i lost the rear mud gard support arm (made from same material) called daf and the fellow that came to help me said it was certainly not the first one he had come out to, but the steps are worse!!

He then told me that as luck would have it they are made in

POLAND :open_mouth: :exclamation: :open_mouth: :exclamation: :open_mouth: :exclamation:

im good at bashing nearside steps oops there goes another one .seriously get a claim in .photos would have been good to substanciate your claim .if you are going the american route claim for anything and everything your coffee wasnt to hot and nearly scalded you by anychance ?
ring bodgit and scarper solicitors telephone number seen on every commercial break nowadays

HAIRYGORILLA:
ring bodgit and scarper solicitors telephone number seen on every commercial break nowadays

[zb] parasites - I know people who will close small businesses (non trucking) because their liability insurance premiums go through the roof every year :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

DAFMAD:
Is this the LF with the “Renault” cab ?

Yes, I think it is the same cab as the Renault.

DAFMAD:
Any idea whether it had been bashed previously, weakening it ?

Probably has beed bashed going on the condition of the rest of the vehicle.

DAFMAD:
Did you manage to get a photo ?

Spot the coffe stain :laughing:

DAFMAD:
What did the boss say ?

Full of apologies. Probably trying to avoid a claim. TBO I’m not bothered. Not worth the hassle and will more than likely bring my job there to an end (Agency) so for a few quid in the short term it’s not even worth it.

Pete

looking at the front bumper you can see the scrape where it had been smacked.

Maybe the boss should try and sue the driver for knocking the steps off in the first place. You can see that they have been damaged earlier