Daf ssc 04 question

Right, help needed please!
Just got in an 04 plate daf ssc, (woo, look at me go.)
No matter what I try, changing positions of light switches etc, when I open the door the interior lights just won’t come on, which is an irritation!
When in the truck, and using either dash or rear wall switches, the interior lights work fine.
Is there a way to get the ■■■■■■■■ things to cone on when I open the bloody doors?
Cheers.

Switch by the ignition I think. Easy to knock.

Looked there, but the 4 to the right of wheel are blanks, and to the left its catwalk light, front and rear fogs, dashboard dimmer and 1 blank, so still scratching my head■■?

I always found it the furthest to left switch on right hand side of the wheel, if that makes sense, as far as I can recall.

Own Account Driver:
I always found it the furthest to left switch on right hand side of the wheel, if that makes sense, as far as I can recall.

Thanks mate, makes perfect sense, but for some reason it’s a blank switch there■■?
I need to look in the other older trucks we have to see if they are the same?

when you turn the lights on with the switches, are all the lights coming on, should be 3 white and 1 red on each side

will be on 3 different switches on the centre console below the heater vents, 2 for the white lights, and one for the prostitution lights

if 1 white light on each side is not coming on, that is the problem, some drivers remove the bulbs, so, when they open the door in the middle of the night for a ■■■■, they don’t let everyone else see them :wink:

shuttlespanker:
when you turn the lights on with the switches, are all the lights coming on, should be 3 white and 1 red on each side

will be on 3 different switches on the centre console below the heater vents, 2 for the white lights, and one for the prostitution lights

if 1 white light on each side is not coming on, that is the problem, some drivers remove the bulbs, so, when they open the door in the middle of the night for a ■■■■, they don’t let everyone else see them :wink:

Bingo!!!
That’s z beer I owe you, problem solved, ta very much :grimacing:
It was bugging the life out of me :slight_smile:

chilistrucker:

shuttlespanker:

Bingo!!!

i have had enough DAF XF’s in my time, i know a little bit about them :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

chilistrucker:

shuttlespanker:

Bingo!!!

get your arse up to The Do on saturday at Cannock, job done :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

I would mate, but will be somewhere in Sweden Saturday heading for a ferry :wink:
Another time maybe :slight_smile:

chilistrucker:
I would mate, but will be somewhere in Sweden Saturday heading for a ferry :wink:

I do hope you’ll be taking plenty of photos! A proper European diary would be much more interesting than my N.American ones.

robinhood_1984:

chilistrucker:

I do hope you’ll be taking plenty of photos! A proper European diary would be much more interesting than my N.American ones.

Ha, ha, I don’t think I could match the other diaries I’ve read on here!
I like the u.s.a/Canada ones and the euro/uk ones aswell.
Maybe I’ll give it ago :wink:
I’m without a laptop till I get back in the u.k at end of march, but will take plenty of photos on the first leg, so will be able to transfer them later.

chilistrucker:
Ha, ha, I don’t think I could match the other diaries I’ve read on here!
I like the u.s.a/Canada ones and the euro/uk ones aswell.
Maybe I’ll give it ago :wink:
I’m without a laptop till I get back in the u.k at end of march, but will take plenty of photos on the first leg, so will be able to transfer them later.

Good stuff, I look forward to it. I’ve never been to Sweden in a truck but used to go regularly on some of the ships I worked on and really liked the place. Have fun!