Daf or merc

Hello to all. I’m looking to change my daf mixer for new in the new year. Iv always had 8 wheeler dafs but there’s a few mercs knocking about never had one. The merc is a bit dearer and I am kinda on a budget so any advice on preference? All opinions well appreciated thanks in advance!

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

If you are the driver stick with Daf as its much nicer to drive, if someone else is going to drive for you get Merc as its more reliable and better on fuel.

Your paid by weight, which ever is the lightest.

What are your local dealer`s like, its the back-up at the end of the day that will keep you in clover, a great price & product will break you if the dealer is a complete tommy tanker :wink:

^^^ yup.

Quality of dealer back up is all over the shop.
For what its worth Daf seem to still be a regular choice for many smaller operators or OD’s, not so much MB from what i see.

Juddian:
^^^ yup.

Quality of dealer back up is all over the shop.
For what its worth Daf seem to still be a regular choice for many smaller operators or OD’s, not so much MB from what i see.

True, our local MB dealer is the closest by a country mile, but their “attitude” does just does`nt warrant any communication, and their parts policy is “park it over there” and we will have to order it :imp:

danielmiller69:
Hello to all. I’m looking to change my daf mixer for new in the new year. Iv always had 8 wheeler dafs but there’s a few mercs knocking about never had one. The merc is a bit dearer and I am kinda on a budget so any advice on preference? All opinions well appreciated thanks in advance!

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

The new MirrorCam Mercs are very fuel efficient, and totally reliable. If you are on bumper to bumper 24 or even 12 months insurance then you probably don’t have anything to worry about. I purchased a 2019 demo Mercedes Actros and it has served me well so far… sell it after 3 years with a certain equity remaining off to a newer model. Yes the Mercedes dealerships are terrible but with a newer nicer truck you will not go wrong.