DAF On board backseat driver

the nodding donkey:
A braking score of 8 (eight).
6.8 mpg.

the prosecution has no further questions.
:laughing:

I couldn’t be less bothered if I was Lauren cooper… neither should you

TheNewBoy:

the nodding donkey:
A braking score of 8 (eight).
6.8 mpg.

the prosecution has no further questions.
:laughing:

I couldn’t be less bothered if I was Lauren cooper… neither should you

spoken like a true tipper driver. :laughing:

TheNewBoy:
My vehicle does not have descent speed control & it’s a 12 speed manual

JESUS…

39.6l/100km :open_mouth:

On a bad day I’m getting 34l/100km and that includes going over windy hill or the A66 in both directions on a windy day. At that level of fuel economy we’d be expected to be hauled into the traffic office to explain why. On a good day running roughly 35 tonnes one way, 43 tonnes return I’d average 30-32l/100km depending on wind.

Doing 400km a day over a 5 day week your normal driving would use around 125 litres more than me having a week of bad days which is costing your employer over £500 a week more in fuel than it would for me driving that truck. Our company average for over 100 lorries is just under 9MPG, 2MPG more than you’re getting.

You’re in serious need of some driver training and I’m not kidding.

I wonder who it is on here who think that they’re a driving God and a far more superior one to all the rest of you lot ? :laughing:

raymundo:
I wonder who it is on here who think that they’re a driving God and a far more superior one to all the rest of you lot ? :laughing:

the oracle has spoken…all bow to the wisdom of the oracle… :unamused:

I know there is always someone who thinks there perfect but their trousers can’t deliver what the mouth is selling

TheNewBoy:
I know there is always someone who thinks there perfect but their trousers can’t deliver what the mouth is selling

They’re…

they’re perfect.

Your spelling is as bad as your driving.

This pond is empty so you might as well all remove your hooks…full stop…lol

oh dear, is it handbags at dawn dearies !! :slight_smile:

Muckaway:
if someone pulled out or you required just a touch of the brakes it knocked your score down.

I guess if you do carry on and smash into a queue of traffic, as long as you don’t touch the brakes, you’d get full marks. :neutral_face:

It’s easy

Cancel cruise / lift off the gas a few seconds before braking (Anticipation)

Use the retarder/engine brake

Avoid Harsh acceleration

Avoid pointlessly “Racing” up to speed, only to slow down 30 seconds later.

The MPG figure quoted is terrible, I get more than that out of a 44T load round a city centre

Conor:

TheNewBoy:
My vehicle does not have descent speed control & it’s a 12 speed manual

JESUS…

39.6l/100km :open_mouth:

On a bad day I’m getting 34l/100km and that includes going over windy hill or the A66 in both directions on a windy day. At that level of fuel economy we’d be expected to be hauled into the traffic office to explain why. On a good day running roughly 35 tonnes one way, 43 tonnes return I’d average 30-32l/100km depending on wind.

Doing 400km a day over a 5 day week your normal driving would use around 125 litres more than me having a week of bad days which is costing your employer over £500 a week more in fuel than it would for me driving that truck. Our company average for over 100 lorries is just under 9MPG, 2MPG more than you’re getting.

You’re in serious need of some driver training and I’m not kidding.

You’ve been owned by an Agency limper :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

raymundo:

There’s a lot of people reading this thread who would be ashamed of getting 6.8MPG. Most would easily manage somewhere between 8-9MPG. The fleet where I drive has over 100 wagons and the fleet average MPG is a fraction below 9MPG.

That low MPG is an indication of a driver who does very little reading of the road ahead, does very little planning and charges right up to things like lights before braking to stop, only starting to slow at the point they have to to avoid hitting the vehicle in front. They’re literally an accident waiting to happen. There is absolutely no planning at all, no trying to time stuff to hit lights as they change to green, roundabouts when its clear to go without stopping. Worst part is that contrary to their belief, their style of driving actually results in it taking longer to do a run. You can get round roundabouts far faster hitting them when you don’t need to stop than charging up to the give way line, coming to a stop, waiting for the car you could’ve avoided stopping you then setting off from a standing start. It is literally proof that the standard of driving is nothing higher than steering wheel attendant.

Going to Lockerbie and back tonight and the weather is forecasting 50-70MPH winds. I’ll take a photo of what I get. A66 may be shut so I may have to do both Shap and the hilly bit of the M6 north of Preston and Windy Hill one or both ways tonight and it doesn’t really get much worse than that.

ezydriver:

Muckaway:
if someone pulled out or you required just a touch of the brakes it knocked your score down.

I guess if you do carry on and smash into a queue of traffic, as long as you don’t touch the brakes, you’d get full marks. :neutral_face:

Collision detection would have slammed on the brakes.

Conor:

ezydriver:

Muckaway:

Collision detection would have slammed on the brakes.

Does that lower your score? :grimacing:

Conor:

raymundo:

There’s a lot of people reading this thread who would be ashamed of getting 6.8MPG. Most would easily manage somewhere between 8-9MPG. The fleet where I drive has over 100 wagons and the fleet average MPG is a fraction below 9MPG.

That low MPG is an indication of a driver who does very little reading of the road ahead, does very little planning and charges right up to things like lights before braking to stop, only starting to slow at the point they have to to avoid hitting the vehicle in front. They’re literally an accident waiting to happen. There is absolutely no planning at all, no trying to time stuff to hit lights as they change to green, roundabouts when its clear to go without stopping. Worst part is that contrary to their belief, their style of driving actually results in it taking longer to do a run. You can get round roundabouts far faster hitting them when you don’t need to stop than charging up to the give way line, coming to a stop, waiting for the car you could’ve avoided stopping you then setting off from a standing start. It is literally proof that the standard of driving is nothing higher than steering wheel attendant.

Going to Lockerbie and back tonight and the weather is forecasting 50-70MPH winds. I’ll take a photo of what I get. A66 may be shut so I may have to do both Shap and the hilly bit of the M6 north of Preston and Windy Hill one or both ways tonight and it doesn’t really get much worse than that.
[/quote

Haters are going to hate…but just to clear this up I have taken 5 different driving tests for 5 different classes of vehicle, passed first time on all 5, never been involved in a accident in a commercial vehicle & never had a single endorsement point in the 20 years of driving

Oh…and just for the real haters

[attachment=0]

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448032375.097942.jpg[/attachment]

TheNewBoy:

Conor:

raymundo:

[/quote

Haters are going to hate…but just to clear this up I have taken 5 different driving tests for 5 different classes of vehicle, passed first time on all 5, never been involved in a accident in a commercial vehicle & never had a single endorsement point in the 20 years of driving

Oh…and just for the real haters

[attachment=0]

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448032375.097942.jpg[/attachment]

We got Bonus paid for Economical driving,back in Austria,always heavy,and i was always one of the highest paid Drivers. Of the suden it doesnt works anymore. All Magic is gone. I blame driving on the left Side of Road :bulb:

TheNewBoy:
The best I ever get is 28% that’s running 44 90% of the time

At least he’s improving, it’s 29% in the pic!! :sunglasses:

TheNewBoy:

All that means is you meet the basic requirements to drive those vehicles. Economical driving isn’t part of a driving test but economical driving and mechanical sympathy (not ragging the nuts off the motor/going through brakes like you have shares in Mintex) are two of those things that do go towards make you a good driver.

Conor:

TheNewBoy:

All that means is you meet the basic requirements to drive those vehicles. Economical driving isn’t part of a driving test but economical driving and mechanical sympathy (not ragging the nuts off the motor/going through brakes like you have shares in Mintex) are two of those things that do go towards make you a good driver.

he’s taken a picture of the dashboard of one of his colleagues…