DAF oil pressure light

My 08 plate 105 keeps bringing the oil pressure low warning light on. It happens when the temperature gauge is halfway or past it and usually when you are coming to a stop I.e braking down to a roundabout or junction. I’ve replaced the sensor and it stopped doing it for a few weeks but now it’s back on. Been doing it for ages but light is always orange and never stays on for more than 30 seconds. Dodgy DAF wiring or something more sinister??

Thanks.
Matt.

Hi Matt

Drop the sump and on the oil pump on it’s O/S there is a circular plug with holes in it ,tighten it up…99% of the time it has loosened ,it won’t come fully out as it hits a bolt. A small bit of Loctite or a ding on the thread when tightened will sort it…Personally if the made the housing a bit bigger they could have put a groove in it with a circlip…other item to check is the bearing on the centrifugal filter if you have one

Cheers mate. Garage I use have had texa diagnostic on it but that only tells you the oil pressure light is coming on. Was thinking of booking it in at DAF but think I’ll drop sump first see if I can solve it.

Matt.

99%of time it is the screw on the sump.,the sump will drop though you will need a rubber mallet to hit the front corner of the sump,it sticks on to the block well…yu need to remove the starter ,have fun with the top nut :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: ,undo the small metal bar that supports the loom across the front ,undo a couple of nuts that support the steering pipes (though there is different set ups) you can get the sump by the pipes and loom…don’t use air tools to tighten the sump up 3 bolts at the rear and 2 at the front go in to alloy casing ,easily stripped, torque is 30 nm

also check pick up strainer is secure…and centrifugal bearing f it has one

Hi Matt, had the same on several of my 105s, change oil spinner filter AND the bearing in the bottom deffo cause of your problem, if yu need it i can give u part numbers as changed one of mine last week, with just the same faults as u have

Needham:
Hi Matt, had the same on several of my 105s, change oil spinner filter AND the bearing in the bottom deffo cause of your problem, if yu need it i can give u part numbers as changed one of mine last week, with just the same faults as u have

Cheers to reply mate. How big a job is it and how much are the parts involved please? Mine is actually in at DAF dealer now as garage I use couldn’t find what was causing it to come on and I’m away so dumped it with them to fix! I’d be interested to know the procedure though as I don’t always trust main dealer not to pile cost on where it’s not needed.

Cheers
Matt.

Hi Matt
job takes 10 min

Plain Bearing Part number 1905815 £16.91
Oil filter element part number 1922496 £35.60

hope this helps

Nigel

Cheers Nigel. I took it in to DAF as I’m away this week and it was the oil pressure switch which had come away? Said they’d reattached and tightened it and solved the problem.
Matt.

norb:
99%of time it is the screw on the sump.,the sump will drop though you will need a rubber mallet to hit the front corner of the sump,it sticks on to the block well…yu need to remove the starter ,have fun with the top nut :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: ,undo the small metal bar that supports the loom across the front ,undo a couple of nuts that support the steering pipes (though there is different set ups) you can get the sump by the pipes and loom…don’t use air tools to tighten the sump up 3 bolts at the rear and 2 at the front go in to alloy casing ,easily stripped, torque is 30 nm

Spot on Norb this was all it was thankfully. Matt

will this harm the engine if it is only the plug that is circular loose?

It can damage an engine if not looked at straight away ,though I have only saw 2 or 3 that have been catastrophic ,generally when the driver thought he would get it looked at at the end of the week and has done several thousand miles since the first warning :unamused:

Like everything now the ecu logs all the events

I must have been ■■■■■■ when I wrote my first thread ,kept putting sump instaed of pump :blush: :blush: :blush: