Daf oil cooler

I found a thread on here about the said item leaking oil in to the coolant but i think mine is leaking coolant on to the floor only when engine is stone cold. I tried a small tub of K seal it cured it for a while (1 week) now smallish puddle under drivers side each morning. it looks like a right devil :smiling_imp: of a thing to replace. i would be VERY gratefull for any advice on this matter.

what type engine is it ( daf or paccar)

paccar, go on tell me that’s bad.

normally water pump on pacccar if the water is leaking on the o/s/f of engine

Thx for the replies but water pump was replaced two weeks ago (possibly in vain) looking from underneath oil cooler is wet.

that if it is the oil cooler, check too see the clamp on the water pipes going into the pump are tight, also check the pipes all the way from the pump too the radiator as some have been known too rub through on chassis etc, pray it aint the oil cooler then as thats a day off the road too replace it (that what it took daf too replace mine)

If it is the MX engine…What it is that is leaking is the small pipe the connects the water pump housing to the oil module…they where initally made of plastic and has been modified to alloy…easier to remove complete water pump housing …All engines in DAF are branded PACCAR wether a daf product or a ■■■■■■■■■■■ a parent company thing

great replies thx it is an MX engine. norb is the pipe mentioned visible could it have been damaged replacing the water pump. that was a devil to replace aswell. Any idea why it only drips when engine is cold ?

the pipe is just about impossible to see… to change the water pump there is no need to disturb the pipe ,as the pump is held on to its housing by 3 bolts…the actual housing needs to now be removed .it isn’t a difficult job…the pipe is generally called the dog bone

if you do it yourself you will need a new gasket for where the housing joins the block ,it’s held in place by 7 bolts…Ref your ad blue issue .it may well be the dosing module at fault ,they have been modified,the older version you just undo the 4 bolts prise it apart and flush out with water …can’t say about the newer version, as it has been pretty reliable,but id imagine it can be cleaned out

thx norb but i haven’t got an adblue problem (yet)

you will lol

norb:
you will lol

and he aint kidding either

Tarmac duck:
great replies thx it is an MX engine. norb is the pipe mentioned visible could it have been damaged replacing the water pump. that was a devil to replace aswell. Any idea why it only drips when engine is cold ?

as things get hot they expand, so when your engine is cold something is letting water past then as it warms up the gap is sealing itself. i have no idea what it could be but i couldnt see anyone had answered your question. :slight_smile:

Thx again folks, the k seal I put in a fortnight ago seems to of cured the problem (fingers crossed)