DAF museum. VERY PICTURE HEAVY

After tipping at the DAF factory in Eindhoven last Monday a quick catch up on sleep and coffee intake then I was informed I had some time to kill.
A plan was quickly hatched.
The plan involved bacon sandwiches and coffee.
Whilst sourcing provisions for said plan I passed the DAF museum then plan b was hatched.
After breakfast I went and paid a visit to the museum.
But this plan was very nearly doomed before it began.
I went in through the entrance door (as happens in a civilised world) only to be told that the museum is closed on a Monday.
Oh deary me were my thoughts and I must of looked really dissapointed which in all fairness I was, but thanks to some (very typical) generous Dutch hospitality the very nice lady let me in to look around, she even apologised that the computer screens and the simulators were not working today.
Best of all she even let me in for free. But saying that as the entrance fee is only 7euro I would not of complained.
So here goes.

I apologise for the quality of the pics as they were taken with my iPhone.

Me trying to be clever with a camera here.

Motorsport section.

Back to the old un’s.

Some concept stuff.
DAF XFC

DAF FCV

Some models.

Some badges through the years.

To finish off you can enjoy what looked like very reasonably priced drinks and snacks at the…

Hope you have enjoyed this.
All in all a very good place to spend an hour or two and not a rip off.

Good pics there. I went there years ago and I would recommend it to any driver who is around that way and has a few hours to kill.

Well worth a visit. :wink:

well worth a visit you can spend hours there

great pics mate :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Excellent pictures looks well worth a visit,

I went there when I was a guest of Daf while at TRUCK mag, it’s an amazing place, I had a factory tour too and followed the complete build of a UK spec truck down the production line, they really looked after me, good bunch them Daf people :wink:

great pics

Nice to see the little 2100 in there. Brings back memories circa '73 of my dad bringing one back home to Clapham to pick up his kit, before heading off to Tehran.

Hiya Ben9…nice work… really enjoyed looking at your photo’s…I liked the 3300 guess why…
even the missus said,… that looks worth a visit
cheers John

good pics :smiley:

i want that 3300 so bad lol brilliant pics i would love to go there

I think this one needs to go there too, before someone ruins it with bling.

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=74200

Great pics Ben9, i specially liked the yellow FT2600, reminds of the one my grandad owned VVT 714L, first unit he bought with a sleeper, and back to front gearbox.