DAF multi circuit valve

Anyone else had problems with a genuine DAF multi circuit valve leaking straight out of the box?

Been with DAF 17 years and never heard of it …But like everything in life you can get a faulty one …Before we get the DAF this and that etc brigade …Knorr bremse make it :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Just get a replacement, it’s probably just a faulty one !

Once replaced a leaking footvalve with a brand new one, it leaked worse than the old one :unamused: Dealer changed no problem as it wasn’t an unusual thing to happen :confused:

Thanks for the replies and apologies for taking so long to come back with what was found. I normally try to find out if a particular component is either fast moving or troublesome since it can save time.

It appeared that this deserved thorough investigation before condemning the new valve, which would only have resulted in a rejected warranty claim . The air leak was from what I will call the bleed back valve/port in the APU (multi-circuit valve). This was sensing the slowest imaginable leak from the rear brake circuit, which was not audible nor producing soap bubbles at any presumed source, it was only detected by connecting up accurate pressure gauges and observing; the in cab gauges registering but not graduated sufficiently to be particularly useful. This slow leak eventually triggers the APU to bleed air from the handbrake circuit from the aforementioned port. This leak was only just audible unless there was almost total silence, which is the normal case at the designated premises I use for MOT testing; hence the concern.

Tracing the source proved a long process, especially removing the exhaust port silencer from the CF 85’s modulator valve, acquiring Voss fittings to blank off pipes and separating all the pipes to trace their route in case this was a chafing issue.

The culprit was the rear brake circuit supply fitting to the footbrake valve. Quite why this supply needs to travel almost the length of the vehicle and back again when a tee connection would do the job I don’t know. 89 cable ties were consumed in the process of fitting the CPU and tracing the leak.

The problem had not been evident before fitting the new complete CPU because the air drier exhaust was leaking and the multi-circuit valve was faulty any way. The supply pipe to the air drier was not carboned up.