Daf mirror help

Hi lads got to changed my o.s glass the heater bit does not work so how do you get the mirror out of the casing . Thanks Big

Hi bigsexy how old is the motor and is the mirror square.

phil the book:
Hi bigsexy how old is the motor and is the mirror square.

It is a 58 plate not elec just heated its the latest ones that daf do i think

Hi Bigsexy, not sure but i think you have to heat the casing til it expands enough for the glass to come out, had a few replaced when I worked for Travis Perkins (2005 DAF LF) and this is what the fitter told me

Grayham:
Hi Bigsexy, not sure but i think you have to heat the casing til it expands enough for the glass to come out, had a few replaced when I worked for Travis Perkins (2005 DAF LF) and this is what the fitter told me

Hi Bigsexy i think Grayham is right the square ones had 4 screws in them nice and simple .

Thanks lads why oh why did dafs give it to the tm if it needs a fitter to put it on :confused: :confused: :confused:

is it just a mirror glass or is there already plastic around it?

if it has got the plastic around it, that part slides out to the side, will take some doing, have a look on the back of the new glass to see which way it goes :wink:

These can be a right PITA, You have to either push the mirror glass all the way to the left or right, depending on which side mirror, then the glass slides off the opposite way but dont forget the wires attached to the back of it.

Also if its just the heating not working it could be the switch in the drivers door, they get water in and stop working properly.

Lee

The_DAF_Man:
These can be a right PITA, You have to either push the mirror glass all the way to the left or right, depending on which side mirror, then the glass slides off the opposite way but dont forget the wires attached to the back of it.

Also if its just the heating not working it could be the switch in the drivers door, they get water in and stop working properly.

Lee

Thanks lee i am putting it into euroways in wycombe when i get back from scotland i will let them have the pain of doing it i can manage without the driver side heated mirror. The near side works fine thanks everyone :smiley:

Big ■■■■:
Hi lads got to changed my o.s glass the heater bit does not work so how do you get the mirror out of the casing . Thanks Big

A club hammer :bulb: