Daf lf 55. 220 problem

I have a 2003 daf lf.55. 220. The main the fuel line from the injector pump to the common rail keeps rupturing every so often. I replaced the line twice with a brand new one and replaced fuel regulators but it keeps popping. How can I stop this problem once and for all? Please help

Sounds like either some pipe clamps or brackets might be missing. If it has clamps they do need to be in the right location.

Does it look like it’s actually bursting from internal pressure or just fracturing?

[quote="Own Account Driver"bursting either some pipe clamps or brackets might be missing. If it has clamps they do need to be in the right location.

Does it look like it’s actually bursting from internal pressure or just fracturing?[/quote]
It looks like its actually bursting from internal pressure.

Sounds like pressure control valve sticking.Peak pressure should be about 25000 psi.
If you take your foot of the throttle the pressure will rise in the rail as the HP pump is still turning at the same speed but the fuel is not being injected into the cylinders.

The pressure control valve is in the HP pump on the ■■■■■■■ not on the actual rail.
The feed pipe is the weakest point so its this that ruptures.

Rockers:
[quote="Own Account Driver"bursting either some pipe clamps or brackets might be missing. If it has clamps they do need to be in the right location.

Does it look like it’s actually bursting from internal pressure or just fracturing?

It looks like its actually bursting from internal pressure.
[/quote]
Ok, is this the part you have replaced?

partsbos.com/fuel-control-valves … 23055.html

Have there been any fault codes read? I would be suspecting duff info off the sensor on the rail as the next potential culprit or have you replaced that when you say ‘regulators’ plural?

Ive replaced the sensor on the rail and fuel pressure control valve as well . What should be my next step?

The pump.The pressure relief/bypass valve is mechanical and is inside the pump body.

Fault codes??

As you’re probably aware the whole setup works like a high pressure diesel equivalent of an air compressor with the fuel rail effectively being the tank. If the pressure gets low that’s measured by the sensor and the ECU then electronically operates the control valve to fill the rail back up again.

If they’re both known to be good best case scenario then (and seeing it’s a DAF probably should be the first port of call) would be some kind of intermittent wiring issue like a break or rub through that might short in the wet or oil or diesel in the loom from another fault.

Beyond that, unless anyone else has any other bright ideas, you’re looking at a pump or ECU problem. I know the pump runs to about £1k from DAF but it’s a Bosch pump common to Iveco and other vehicles so you can shop around. Reman exchange is a few hundred quid less.

Own Account Driver:
Fault codes??

As you’re probably aware the whole setup works like a high pressure diesel equivalent of an air compressor with the fuel rail effectively being the tank. If the pressure gets low that’s measured by the sensor and the ECU then electronically operates the control valve to fill the rail back up again.

If they’re both known to be good best case scenario then (and seeing it’s a DAF probably should be the first port of call) would be some kind of intermittent wiring issue like a break or rub through that might short in the wet or oil or diesel in the loom from another fault.

Beyond that, unless anyone else has any other bright ideas, you’re looking at a pump or ECU problem. I know the pump runs to about £1k from DAF but it’s a Bosch pump common to Iveco and other vehicles so you can shop around. Reman exchange is a few hundred quid less.

Its a ■■■■■■■ engine with a Pacar rocker cover same as used in buses,tugs,ivecos etc etc etc.Cheap and cheerful but a bloody good engine.