Daf lay offs at preston

a friend of mine who works on the production line at daf has been told by the agency he and his wife will be laid off a week on friday.so looks like the makers are feeling the pinch now.in total about 175 people are to laid off he knows of.
also the funny thing is that while hes been there he has loved every minute there and had a few fun times but the best bit i nthe day is the breaks at dinner.when anyone needs a littel shut eye most jump in the cab and use the bunks for it and none of the managers say anything about it.but he got caught out i day he over sleeped his break by 2 minutes and 1 of the lads gave him a loud awakening by hooking up the airhorns and blast them in the cab he was in which wike him right up and smacking his head on the roof of the 105xf super space cab rather hard.
i did see if ther was any chance of getting a frigde off him for the cab of my 85 but no chance everything is accounted for no and nothing gets out now.and if u did get it out u would be out of a job by the end of the week he said so it was not worth the risk.

hes ou of a job anyway tell him to get you your fridge

Are things really that bad now?

Just before I left the UK i was selling Mercs, hence the name, anyway we had sold all of our 2008 production & were taking orders for 2009 production slots, some of these orders wouldn’t have been delivered for 16 months, all the manufacturers were in the same boat, they couldn’t make enough chassis to meet the demands of the market, this was Europe wide.

Now all of a sudden people are getting laid off, that’s not good at all :cry:

its not just daf MAN as well

have a look at link

bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid= … refer=home