DAF floor

we have 3 or 4 small Daf cabs on lease from Ryder…
on every one of them, the drivers floor mat has disintegrated, leaving what can best be described as a pot hole in the floor, about 4 or 5 inch diameter and about 2 inch deep… I don’t know about other drivers, but I keep catching my high heels in said potholes, and I’m worried about having an accident…
has any other driver had the same problem. ■■

We have a 16 plate CF cab that has holes in the floor which is a hire truck. Can’t say I have noticed it happen on our 15 plate CF cabs though.

Cost cutting using cheaper materials maybe.

Alternatively stop driving in high heels and just keep them for the weekend lol

Do you think it’s dangerous and will affect your driving and safety?? If so report it and get someone in authority to give his opinion.

Just take the floor mat out and carry on.

Our older DAFs went home about 8 years old. Mats intact. One of our 65 plates has hole in mat. Looks likely inferior quality on newer trucks.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Trukkertone:
but I keep catching my high heels

Those stilletos will just make the hole worse…

Written defect stating ‘danger of accident’ or similar, and keep a copy, if you have a daily work sheet write the defect number and what the problem is on that too.

‘they’ won’t like it but this method gets things fixed.

We have about 80 of them, the old 2007/8/9 mats are worn but still whole, the 2011/12 onwards are just carp, up to Euro6 seat has to come out to replace the mat, not hard just heavy and mat is expensive 150 quid I think, Euro6 onwards 15 minute job as mat stops at the front of the seat.
We have now pretty much replaced them all, one we havent has a sheet of chequer plate in a Euro6 with long screws down into the steel floor of the cab, seems to work well and is a lot cheaper and will last a long time.

I think if you have genuine Daf overmats they will go long way to saving the main mat, any aftermarket mat is a trip hazard and belongs in the bin!
The pre Euro6 overmats are 75 quid a pair and can not be bought singly.

The scania overmats dont last 18mths, but are cheap at 30 quid each

Trukkertone:

Mines got 800 thou on the clock…and the floor is sound

All the ones I drive at HJ are fitted with thick rubber removable floor mats which given how they fit I can only assume came from DAF. Even though the motors are double shifted and on over 600,000km those rubber mats look barely worn. Best bit is being able to take them out the cab and jetwash them if we’ve done a changeover in that mudpit at Penrith truckstop.

I found them on DAFs website, DAF part no: 1444162

commonrail:

Trukkertone:

After reading TrickyDicks post can we guess its pre 2011?

If vehicle is still covered by warranty ,raise the issue with your local dealer,who can raise the issue with DAF .The more people who raise the matter ,then DAF will realise they have a potential issue …It is a lot easier nowdays as they can get the photgraphs instantly …As said maybe the supplier has an issue…If a hire truck then things are different as it depends how pro active they are ,as you can defect it to them ,but it is up to them to them bring it to the dealers attention

norb:
If vehicle is still covered by warranty ,raise the issue with your local dealer,who can raise the issue with DAF .The more people who raise the matter ,then DAF will realise they have a potential issue …It is a lot easier nowdays as they can get the photgraphs instantly …As said maybe the supplier has an issue…If a hire truck then things are different as it depends how pro active they are ,as you can defect it to them ,but it is up to them to them bring it to the dealers attention

We did and quite a few of the Euro6 ones we got foc, still fitted them ourselves though
Daf kept running out we were using so many and that says to em if they could not keep up with us others were either using them as well or more likely just ignoring the issue.

Franglais:

commonrail:

Trukkertone:

After reading TrickyDicks post can we guess its pre 2011?

Yes…a 60 reg