Daf Euro 6 bunk

Trouble finding fitted sheet for bunk as it’s 7ft 1” long
Normal single fitted sheet doesn’t stand a chance

Stretch towelling types fit ok. Or learn how to do “hospital corners” at one end and accept the other end of mattress won’t be covered. Unless you’re 7 feet tall I doubt your toes will notice.!

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Stop press!

Driver complains about bunk being too big. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Go to ikea and buy your bedding there for a DAF and it will fit.Sound like total bull but its true.I buy my bedding from there for a my volvo v4.Before i get corrected the truck allocated to me by the company i drive for.

I had the blue sheet from the outlet below and it did the job. Better than the original DAF ones.

trucktextil.eu/DAF-XF/Bed-sheet … anguage=en

I was reading this post and it bought a smile to my face :slight_smile: I suddenly remembered how small truck bunks are back in Europe, The bed in my old Merc on Fed Ex was so tiny, I am skinny and had a job fitting in it, my workmate ‘Hopscotch’ had a rather large belly and I have no idea how he coped ? My joy when they took away that Merc and gave me an F10, I could actually lay in the fetal position. The bed in my current truck is almost 4 feet wide. I also look at all the stuff I keep in the cab, apart from the microwave and a couple of items I need for my work, I still carry the same basic things and my cab is so large inside it takes 2 or 3 steps to get from the driving seat to the bed, it has a heated wardrobe and a heated clothing closet on one side, 3 storage cupboards on the other side and a huge under bunk storage space and still I have no room for anything :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Yep. Ikea Dvala fitted sheet is what you need.

I`ve still got the bedding from my old guy warrior…seems to fit any truck i get into…a bit threadbare now, but does the job. :smiley: :smiley:

slowlane:

What size?.Or just the single?.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

daftvader:

slowlane:

The fitted single. It’s almost like it was designed for the bunk!

Pat Hasler:
I was reading this post and it bought a smile to my face :slight_smile: I suddenly remembered how small truck bunks are back in Europe, The bed in my old Merc on Fed Ex was so tiny, I am skinny and had a job fitting in it, my workmate ‘Hopscotch’ had a rather large belly and I have no idea how he coped ? My joy when they took away that Merc and gave me an F10, I could actually lay in the fetal position. The bed in my current truck is almost 4 feet wide. I also look at all the stuff I keep in the cab, apart from the microwave and a couple of items I need for my work, I still carry the same basic things and my cab is so large inside it takes 2 or 3 steps to get from the driving seat to the bed, it has a heated wardrobe and a heated clothing closet on one side, 3 storage cupboards on the other side and a huge under bunk storage space and still I have no room for anything :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Well judging by your average yank the bunks need to be 4 ft wide, you can keep them where they belong!

I just use a standard single flat sheet but it is a pita so I too would like a fitted sheet.
Off to check out Ikea.

The fitted single is 190cm which equates to about 6’2”. They offer a 90x200cm which equates to just over 6’5” so surely that’s a better fit no?

slowlane:

daftvader:

slowlane:

The fitted single. It’s almost like it was designed for the bunk!

Cheers.I’ll get one.Fed up fighting with the sheet and mattress.

Pat Hasler:

Cool.

I bought these off of Amazon, fitted the gigaspace merc with the long bunk I was on no problems…

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00TZRWF48/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1&tag=pda023-21&camp=1634&creative=6738

Colin_scottish:
Go to ikea and buy your bedding there for a DAF and it will fit.Sound like total bull but its true.I buy my bedding from there for a my volvo v4.Before i get corrected the truck allocated to me by the company i drive for.

This is true, Ikea uses its own sizes so if you buy anything bed related from Ikea you are tied to them. Their standard sizes are bigger than the norm

switchlogic:

Colin_scottish:

This is true, Ikea uses its own sizes so if you buy anything bed related from Ikea you are tied to them. Their standard sizes are bigger than the norm

Should I flag this up to Dipper Dave for his comments?
:smiley:

Sorry

Franglais:

switchlogic:

Colin_scottish:

Should I flag this up to Dipper Dave for his comments?
:smiley:

Sorry

You should it would be an interesting story to follow :laughing:

nomiS36:
The fitted single is 190cm which equates to about 6’2”. They offer a 90x200cm which equates to just over 6’5” so surely that’s a better fit no?

Yes sorry, it’s the 90x200 fitted that I’ve got.