Daf dumping oil

shuttlespanker:
the ‘gasket problem’ causes a coolant leak, not an oil leak :wink:

it is not the gaskets that fail, it is the head bolts, thy do not stretch though, where the bolts go in to the block, the holes go all the way through in to the water channel, as such, the bolts have a sealant on them, which after time, cracks, and coolant seeps past, this rises up the hole and then screws up the gaskets

So I was right somewhere at least :laughing:

dew:

shuttlespanker:

it is not the gaskets that fail, it is the head bolts, thy do not stretch though, where the bolts go in to the block, the holes go all the way through in to the water channel, as such, the bolts have a sealant on them, which after time, cracks, and coolant seeps past, this rises up the hole and then screws up the gaskets

you was correct with the head bolts, but incorrect on what actually happens :wink:

you were also correct on the leakage, but, also incorrect on the fluid that leaks :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

shuttlespanker:

dew:

shuttlespanker:

you was correct with the head bolts, but incorrect on what actually happens :wink:

you were also correct on the leakage, but, also incorrect on the fluid that leaks :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I’ll take it, a wins a win :laughing:

Sorry it’s totally useless to the OP though, and a quick look online suggests the CF75.360 would be the 9 Litre unit, not the 12.

Only time i knew the coolant coming up the bolt was when DAF intially supplied the sealant for the dealer to coat the bolts ,which never worked as you couldn’t get an even coat .On all the cylinder heads i did on DAF where the bolts ghad been coated by the factory never had the sealant failed ,the issue was cylinder heads cracking at the rear close to the exhaust valve ,heads where modified ,and multi layered steel head gaskets where fitted ,which solved the issue as i personally have never had to remove a head from a vehicle that has had the multi layered metal gasket fitted ,and it is still the same bolts with the same sealant supplied with a new gasket

if you have a PE engine it will be a EURO 3 with the UPEC fuel system …Your compressor will be on the offside front of the engine,and the steering pump will be on the nearside front of the engine .Neither are linked to each other and the fuel pump isn’t linked to either of them…So none of them will be causing you to loose oil from the breather pipe …Your oil lose is down to pressure ie back pressure which will be for example piston and liners …if you are getting blue smoke from the exhaust you are probably burning oil,remove oil filler cap and if a lot of fumes come out then piston liners required …

Happy new year to all, just an update, i have just got a call from the people doing my engine ( i know its been a while but christams and new year have played a bad part in my misery ) they have taken the ehgine to bits and cant understand why there is so much oil getting on top of the pistons, the rings and liners were worn but not to the extent of dumping oil in hugh amounts down the breather, they have asked me if the turbo has had any issues - i said i didnt think so why ? he said he has had to send it away for testing as he thinks the problem is back pressure rather than engine wear, i have just told him about the comments on here about the possibility of a worn compressor sending air down to the crank case causing the engine to build pressure and thus ‘dump’ oil down the breather and he said he would look into it ----- he is calling me tomorrow to give me an update ----- Ill let you know when i find out