DAF Driver explain me please

Could you watch in your Servicebook and give me the Kilometers the Service on DAF has to be done.
lost already a few Screw’s,and some are loose,but no one will do a Service.
Marked some on Lorry,to see if anything has happened,but only two Liter Engine Oil were filled in.
When i got the Tractor new broke he after 20 minute done
still 80 liter Diesel in and red Sign on which showed Engine and told STOP
Technician hadn’t Parts and just gave me 100 liter Fuel
Now,33000km later phoned i myselfe the Hire Company and asked how it is with service and they took Tractor foe two Days away.
two liter Oil were filled up,but no Screw checked i had marked.
I ignored all and run around as if all were fixed(as the Law tells Company has to run there Buseiness),and failed to operate Lorry without Breakdown :unamused:
Is just possible for me to do it,as i know as Truck Mechaniker what they have by Service to do,and how a Lorry shall do.
:arrow_right: Now got i said that i am wrong,as it is not alowed to drive an Artic till Tak goes to End(had 80 liter in by Breakdown).
Don’t know how you will do as Driver your Job when you have to stop for tanking all two Hour :wink:
Yep
I don’t have booklets in Lorry,but in my Time by IVECO,SCANIA and Transportcompanies were First Service before Customer gots Lorry.
Secound by 3000km
thirt by 10000km
and then about all 20000km,(with special Oilfilter 30000km)
but that’s before 1989.
don’t know exactly today’s Service intervalls

:confused: I don’t know about the service intervals. BUT is it a Hill Hire Vehicle ?, because, I believe they do their own servicng - or pretend to. Maybe your hire company do similar. :confused:

I only have a little one (talking about my 52’ Daf here!).

I have it serviced approx every 20,000 k. But I will also get any minor work done when it has its safety inspections.

Fred — if you fill in the Defect book and hand a copy in to your transport manager, they will probably do something. If not, you have covered your bum (assuming the defects aren’t dangerous — running out of fuel in the wrong place might be!!!).

I have bought a couple of trucks off of big fleets where you would expect the maintenance to be top notch — then had service bills (before I put ‘em to work) of £2K plus.

DAFMAD:
:? I don’t know about the service intervals. BUT is it a Hill Hire Vehicle ?, because, I believe they do their own servicng - or pretend to. Maybe your hire company do similar. :confused:

no isn’t Hill hire,but i lose Screw after Screw without reaction after handing Damage report in.
If they do there own service,the next question,how they do them?
In Service Book is posted what has to be done,and Bord Computer has to be reset.
Nothing done.
already 35000km on.
just know that Garage makes first check by 3000km to check all Screw’s
by 10000km again big Service
and then by all 20000km as i know.
but i am not 100% sure as i don’t have a Servicebook