DAF Dashboard voice…

Hi everyone.

I am a new driver and have been out on the roads for a few weeks. The 69 plate rigid DAF has this annoying voice from the dash that repeatedly says “please slow down” every time I hit 50 mph.
Also “Retarder saves energy.”
How on earth can this be disabled? It’s so annoying!!

Have you…

Read the handbook?

Or, did you chuck it in the bin without ever opening it like real men do?

Oh thank you so much. Not sure I would post this question had the handbook been available……

That means…

The answer to your problem may well be in the handbook.

User manuals for DAF drivers (needs a VIN).

It sounds like the Driver Performance Assistant (PDF file). I believe there’s a coaching setting that you can turn off.

Alternatively: "if only there was a way to search the internet to find the answer to my question myself, instead of asking someone to spoon feed me? :laughing:

Loads of vids on Youtube about DAF features

Unfauglith HGV:
Oh thank you so much. Not sure I would post this question had the handbook been available……

Freely available
daf.co.uk/en-gb/daf-service … er-manuals

Unfauglith HGV:

I’ve watched…

Drivers get hit on the head with the instruction book as it flies out of the top locker. Then they ask questions on how to open the rad grill to check the water level.

I’ll see myself out.

Zac_A:
Alternatively: "if only there was a way to search the internet to find the answer to my question myself, instead of asking someone to spoon feed me? [emoji38]

Are you trying to kill off the PDF? At least he’s not asking about religion, immigration or submarines at the bottom of the sea.
And I’ve learnt how ■■■■■ DAFs can be [emoji16]

stu675:

Zac_A:
Alternatively: "if only there was a way to search the internet to find the answer to my question myself, instead of asking someone to spoon feed me? [emoji38]

Are you trying to kill off the PDF? At least he’s not asking about religion, immigration or submarines at the bottom of the sea.
And I’ve learnt how [zb] DAFs can be [emoji16]

PDF to me means Portable Document Format, so no not trying to kill that off. But I am kinda allergic to “I CBA to look for myself so I’ll just ask someone to tell me, because Goggling is just too much like hard work”.

Incidentally, have you accepted Jesus as your Lord and Saviour? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Listen… Can you hear that distant “booosh”? That’s Robroy’s head exploding

I drive DAFs all the time and there is no voice.

Noremac:

I’m assuming this is potentially a new gen Daf system possibly or not related to the truck at all and could be some AI type gizmo like AI dashcams he could possibly be referring to.

Is it possible to be a next gen daf on a 2019 truck though?

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

simcor:

Noremac:

I’m assuming this is potentially a new gen Daf system possibly or not related to try truck at all and could be some AI type gizmo like AI dashcams he could possibly be referring to.

Is it possible to be a next gen daf on a 2019 truck though?

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

I’ve been driving xg,s 72 , 23 plate & never heard anything