DAF Construction Range

Looks like the FMX has some new competition

daf.com/EN/News-Media/News/P … ction.aspx

Slightly biased I know, but that CF looks mean as anything :smiley:

looks like they have borrowed bits from a renault again :laughing:

d4c24a:

And the Volvo FMX. :laughing:
…Which would be higher on my tipper wish list. So would MAN if they cured the leprosy within the interior.
A few years back, a manufacturer’s standard truck was usually adequate for tipper work. Foden, ERF, Sed Atki, Mercedes with the SK, even back to the Scammell Routeman. Are modern models with all their electronic assisted this and that too flimsy to cope with a few potholes?

Muckaway:

d4c24a:

…Which would be higher on my tipper wish list. So would MAN if they cured the leprosy within the interior.
A few years back, a manufacturer’s standard truck was usually adequate for tipper work. Foden, ERF, Sed Atki, Mercedes with the SK, even back to the Scammell Routeman. Are modern models with all their electronic assisted this and that too flimsy to cope with a few potholes?

good job you do not have an iveco :frowning:

how long before " exhaust system warning" or similar flashes up on the dash display…

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=104085

GasGas:
New DAF tipper/construction trucks revealed - THE UK PROFESSIONAL DRIVERS FORUM (INTERACTIVE) - Trucknet UK

Sorry, got offended that I didn’t advertise your website and went straight to the source?

Not at all, just seems strange to start another thread on the same subject.

d4c24a:

Muckaway:

d4c24a:

good job you do not have an iveco :frowning:

Docwra love 'em though. Forgot Hino in previous post.

Or was it that years ago all trucks were built on tipper chassis?

Muckaway:
good job you do not have an iveco
Docwra love 'em though. Forgot Hino in previous post.

only because they know how to fix them :laughing:

GasGas:
Or was it that years ago all trucks were built on tipper chassis?

Probably, but I think tipper trucks have gone a bit ginger beer in recent years. MAN interiors are clearly not built to be bashed around off road. Daf electrics don’t like wheelwashes.