Daf cfs

Just an observation but are drivers of said vehicles midgets?
Is it the seating position or a high set steering wheel because most of the drivers i have seen in one look like they have a job to see over the dash ? :confused:
Bet you look next time you see one :laughing:

not just me who thinks theyre being driven by a chad then :laughing:

maverick72:

Looks like they should have a booster seat.

I’m one of the midgets! :laughing: - I always dump the air out the seat so it’s low, just prefer that driving position in them :blush:

I’m in one tonight and I’m 6’4" and 16 stone of brumy muscle.

Suedehead:

maverick72:

Looks like they should have a booster seat.

I know someone who has to use one in a sprinter

no , i’m the same , i’m only a short {zb} & the driving position is all wrong , by the time i get a comfortable driving position i 'm sitting too low down which in it’self i dont have a problem with , but i’m then left with 20 acres of windscreen & a 12 x 4 inch piece of plastic at the top thats supposed to stop the sun from getting in my eyes :unamused:

i have one and like to be high up with the wheel down low. :laughing: :laughing:

the Cf is absolutely crap…the seats do not adjust to take care of most drivers…the sun visors are a waste of space…the engines are being rebuilt after and sometimes less than 2 years…usual daf spec curtains…they never fit properly, and are afraid to use too much material…when kneeling around the cab the poxy seat belt holder digs in your knees…i really cant think of anything nice to say about them except when i started my driving career 47 years ago…i started driving a heap of ■■■■■■■■■ it looks like i will be finishing my career on a heap of ■■■■■■

russell2587:

Brumy? I’m from Brum. Do you mean Brummie? :wink:

Lol i used to have the pleasure of doing euro work double manned in one, it at least had enough room to stand in and 2 bunks, but yep they are a piece of(zb) alright, basic no bells and whistles that’s your cf

shame about the seat as the bunk is lovely & comfy :slight_smile:

I agree, although my experiences come mainly from Foden Alphas (same cab, superior engine and chassis). From cutting my teeth on proper Fodens, I like to put the seat high up with wheel in the proper position (not like a car), but my knees hit the steering column, the seat base irritates the back of my knees and then the air suspension is useless as it bangs it’s stays. Re. Day cabbed versions; take the stupid storage box out, replace with a cheap plastic box and a luggage strap; This driver likes to sleep at lunchtime! :smiley:
AND SMITHS ARE BUYING MORE DAFS, THIS TIME WITH THE AS-MATIC BOX :imp:

russell2587:

the only muscle u got is your mouth u scrawny yam yam :laughing:

We run about 30 of them, all rigids with the space cab option. it does take a while to get comfy and just when you do the seat back collapses and you have to start all over again with a new seat. In my opinion the cab is a good 1 for a rigid but the seats do lack adjustment and they are quite hard when new but when the seat moulds to the shape of you arse its not to bad. The storage is good and the bunk is better in the newer ones. Id rather have the cf space cab than the volvo fm globetrotter as i wouldn’t be able to stand in the volvo. All in all i like the motor its a good cab for a rigid all though id prefer a xf super space if i was on artics.

[quote="jimmi"In my opinion the cab is a good 1 for a rigid but the seats do lack adjustment and they are quite hard when new but when the seat moulds to the shape of you arse its not to bad.[/quote]
I’ve had mine for 6 years come January; How much longer will I have to wait?? :laughing:
Just hoping a MAN or Merc Axor comes my way

Muckaway:
[quote="jimmi"In my opinion the cab is a good 1 for a rigid but the seats do lack adjustment and they are quite hard when new but when the seat moulds to the shape of you arse its not to bad.

I’ve had mine for 6 years come January; How much longer will I have to wait?? :laughing:
Just hoping a MAN or Merc Axor comes my way

well the doc did say I’m 2 stone overweight, mabye my backside has moulded to the shape of the seat instead lol :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I like the CF, but the only ones Ive driven have been automatic which are to put it bluntly is crap, especially at reversing :imp:

DAF95XF:
I like the CF, but the only ones Ive driven have been automatic which are to put it bluntly is crap, especially at reversing :imp:

I shaln’t be putting my name forward later this month then :laughing:
DAF95XF; Perhaps you should do the reviews for T&D? :smiley:

Muckaway:

DAF95XF:

I shaln’t be putting my name forward later this month then :laughing:
DAF95XF; Perhaps you should do the reviews for T&D? :smiley:

Perhaps I should say that Ive only driven a few CFs on a night trunk from Hounslow to Northampton and never done a night out in one… :wink:
If I had a choice of CF or Renault Premium Id take the Premium :wink: