DAF CF75 Exhaust System Fault and Engine Limp Mode

Hi, I have a 2012 Daf CF75 here. It has been for sale the past 6 weeks or so and is now sold. In the time it has been for sale it hasn’t been doing any work with just the occasional moving around the yard.
It has to be taken for respray tomorrow for the new owner so today I went out and started it up to check it over.

Upon start up, I’ve now been hit with 3 warning lights:
Exhaust system warning
Engine warning
Engine limp mode

Adblue tank is full but the gauge is reading empty.

Has anyone here experienced the same issue and know the fix for it?

Any advice much appreciated.

gmoore23:
Hi, I have a 2012 Daf CF75 here. It has been for sale the past 6 weeks or so and is now sold. In the time it has been for sale it hasn’t been doing any work with just the occasional moving around the yard.
It has to be taken for respray tomorrow for the new owner so today I went out and started it up to check it over.

Upon start up, I’ve now been hit with 3 warning lights:
Exhaust system warning
Engine warning
Engine limp mode

Adblue tank is full but the gauge is reading empty.

Has anyone here experienced the same issue and know the fix for it?

Any advice much appreciated.

If the truck “thinks” there is no AdBlue could that throw up the warning lights?
Sort the gauge and I’d GUESS that’ll sort the rest.
Daresay someone who knows, rather than guesses will clarify that.

Crystallized AdBlue on gauge??
(Another guess, but cheap to look for yourself)

Seems to be a common problem with Daf. I took one of ours to the workshop today for a 6 week inspection & there are 3 amber dashboard warnings. Brake system malfunction (ebs) as soon as the ignition is switched on. Engine malfunction & exhaust system malfunction are intermittent & can’t reliably reproduce them.

Past experience suggests that the workshop will clear the warnings from the memory. IMSC there was suggestion that a NOX sensor may be the culprit but I’m no mechanic.

On the ad blue how often do you fill it? Have heard a suggestion that filling daily with low mileage fools the engine management ‘‘thinks’’ tha none is being used & throws a fault up. Again I’m no mechanic so am prepared to be corrected if that is not the case.

I hooked it up to Delphi and got these Fault codes
U0113 - CAN , message frequency from AdBlue system is too high/low - intermittent
P2100 - Engine derate active because of fault in AdBlue - Intermittent