Daf cf75 engine warning light

Hi, I have a Daf cf75 on 08 plate. On Monday I came in and started engine to warm up. After few mins the Amber engine warning light flashed up. I then turned my the engine off and then back on, the light then stayed off all day on a 15 hour stretch.

When I came in again this morning I turned the engine on to warm and same thing, the Amber engine warning light flashed up after few mins. I then turned the engine off and back on and it seems to have stayed off!

Anyone any ideas what it could be? Could it be serious problem?
Could it be something to do with the frosty weather?

As it’s staying off all day should i just crack on until it becomes regular fixture on my dash?

I had this on my CF65. The truck was driving fine with no loss of power or anything. Took it into the dealer the next day, they plugged their laptop in and sorted it.

Grasshopper:
I had this on my CF65. The truck was driving fine with no loss of power or anything. Took it into the dealer the next day, they plugged their laptop in and sorted it.

Was it the exact same problem?

What did they say was wrong with it?

I have driven a 08 CF85 and 09 XF105 and both had the same thing… As well as the Exhaust System Warning Light and some others… Doesn’t seem to affect anything working. Took them both into DAF, they plug in the computer and sort it, but then next day or a few days later lights come back on…

It seems to be that the sensors on them are just over sensitive. After that I was driving for weeks with them on, sometimes the lights might go off for a week and then come back. Very strange but does not affect the power… Both pull like trains!!

does the engine seem to turn over bit slower than normal first thing on a morning ? just it could be sensing low voltage to begin with on cranking ie batteries may need checking but get daf to plug davie in

mattaid:
does the engine seem to turn over bit slower than normal first thing on a morning ? just it could be sensing low voltage to begin with on cranking ie batteries may need checking but get daf to plug davie in

Cheers mate.

Il try and get in to daf sometime and plug davie in.

mattaid:

Wouldn’t have thought it could be batteries as they ain’t that old as it’s a 08 plate truck.

Anyone else had this?

KeepHerLitV8:
I have driven a 08 CF85 and 09 XF105 and both had the same thing… As well as the Exhaust System Warning Light and some others… Doesn’t seem to affect anything working. Took them both into DAF, they plug in the computer and sort it, but then next day or a few days later lights come back on…

It seems to be that the sensors on them are just over sensitive. After that I was driving for weeks with them on, sometimes the lights might go off for a week and then come back. Very strange but does not affect the power… Both pull like trains!!

Maybe it is over sensitive sensors!

mixer driver:

KeepHerLitV8:

Maybe it is over sensitive sensors!

Especially in the cold weather over Christmas, warning lights were playing up.

Intake air temp sensor on its way out by the sound of it i have exactly the same on my 75.310 try unplugging it and cleaning the contacts

Go in the fuseboard and swap over the 2 big grey relays, labelled G015 and G126, if the fault changes, ie. a different warning light comes on one of the relays has burnt contacts, very common.

The_DAF_Man:
Go in the fuseboard and swap over the 2 big grey relays, labelled G015 and G126, if the fault changes, ie. a different warning light comes on one of the relays has burnt contacts, very common.

Thanks mate, the light seems to have stayed off for the moment so il leave it for now.

It seemed to be if I left it running when engine was cold the light came on but if I drive off it don’t come on.