DAF CF wipers

Hi all.
Anyone had any issues with the position 2 (fast speed) on the wipers of a DAF CF/XF in the past. Just stopped working in fast mode 3 days ago. We replaced the switch and motor, but still the same. Relays are clicking away to them selves, and all the wiring seems OK ■■?
Its a 61 reg if this helps anyone. Just wondering if there is a common issue to look out for.

many thanks.
Pat

When you say the switch,do you mean the stalk that controls the indicators and high/low beam too?
Had to change this on my XF last week as only intermittent and high speed,no in-between.
All working perfectly now,hope this helps.

The relay may be clicking, but that’s still what I would be looking at with suspicion.

Have you actually removed the relays ■■? They have been known to stick even though you can hear them click …There is a method of pulling and refitting then ign on and off or it off then on,cant remember exactly…Though it may hurt at the time ,it can help just to pay for a diagnostic session with DAVIE,that can operate the motor independently of the switch ,and can also test and confirm the switch is ok.You haven’t trapped any wires and the fuses are all ok ■■?

there used to be a common problem with the wipers failing on the slow speed

never known it on the fast speed

on my 03 plate XF, it works on intermittent and full speed

if Norb can tell me the relay to pull, i will gladly try it to see if it resets on mine :wink:

i usually end up changing the stalk, and it cures it

I think your 2 relays are G236 &G237…Though as you rightly point out, most of the issues have been stalk related…generally there is a bank of 4 relays either side of the fuses …the fuse box cover should have the diagram showing the relays and their numbers

Hi again.
Many thanks for the replies. Im guessing Davie is a laptop program? I will check this out.

I was also fumming when changing the stalk didn’t fix the issue. It allways seems to work on the volvos.
But you would expect if its the stork, it would be an intermittent problem and work sometimes ?

Problem nowadays seems that nothing is repairable. The bits just stop instantly…and then the can/m system just makes everything stop. Amazing how a problem with a wire the thickness of a human hair can stop a truck dead. But dont get me started on that one!
But Daf Worcs have been very good and took the parts back without charge so far.

We have pulled the 2 little diode relays out and even swopped them arround as they are the same units.
But next plan is to change them.
I will post the issue if ever found for reference.
Thanks again.

DAVIE is the diagnostic laptop…
In a nutshell you have a ecu called VIC ,that receives a signal from the switch and operates the wiper motor accordingly…You can swap the 2 relays with 2others easily ,but don’t forget to switch the ignition on and off…

Morning all. NEWS…as promised…
Wipers fixed ! hurrah…

Found a local bloke with a Davie laptop who booked a slot next week for me. But then said (like on this forum) to replace the relay’s anyway, as they are prone to stopping.
But kindly advised that all the mini relays in the fuse box are the same… so use 2 of the others to test. And low and behold. They worked.

So as advised. Don’t take the relay clicking as gospel that they are working. !!
Now all I have to do is get my £280 wiper motor back to Daf??

many thanks all.

Pat

I find it strange that they booked a slot ,at our place as long as it is just a quick DAVIE session ,we will do it there and then,well you may have to wait an hour

Good that it is sorted