Daf cf n/s/f brake sticks intermittently

The one thing plebhead bking forgets is some of us who are putting in these defects have been mechanics in a former career so tend to be able to make a fairly educated guess when we’re filling in these defects which whilst they may not be the actual problem do at least point in the right direction a bit more than “steering feels funny”. All I know is whenever I’ve had a breakdown on the road and the mechanic has turned up with the part I’ve said it was that they’ve never had to go back to get another and I’ve driven away from the callout with the exception of the time a propshaft centre bearing mounting bracket parted company from the chassis. Can’t fix that at the side of the road.

Keep up the ■■■■■■■■ boys.You never know somebody who knows what the hell they are on about might just take you half seriously one day.
Now back to building the airfix Volvo then muffins for tea.

Bking:
Keep up the [zb] boys.You never know somebody who knows what the hell they are on about might just take you half seriously one day.
Now back to building the airfix Volvo then muffins for tea.

i wouldn’t trust you with a watering can and a weed-good luck with the airfix.post some pics up you sausage fingered halfwit!!

Don’t feed the troll.

the nodding donkey:
Don’t feed the troll.

Exactly.

Conor:
The one thing plebhead bking forgets is some of us who are putting in these defects have been mechanics in a former career so tend to be able to make a fairly educated guess when we’re filling in these defects which whilst they may not be the actual problem do at least point in the right direction a bit more than “steering feels funny”. All I know is whenever I’ve had a breakdown on the road and the mechanic has turned up with the part I’ve said it was that they’ve never had to go back to get another and I’ve driven away from the callout with the exception of the time a propshaft centre bearing mounting bracket parted company from the chassis. Can’t fix that at the side of the road.

Bking 1 Conor 0 on this thread though:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=117069&p=1804706#p1804706

Defect handed in last night by a “professional” and I quote
“Vehicle very slow at low speeds” WTF?
Night before and again I quote
“Ride height wrong, too high to step out of cab”
And another
“high beam dazzling oncoming drivers”
What can you say?vegetables.

Conor:

“been mechanics” you takin the ■■■■.Every pratt I meet driving a truck has “been a mechanic” at somepoint.Not one of them knows jack about braking systems,electrical systems or diesel systems but they stopped being a “mechanic” to drive a truck for longer hours and half the money.Full o ■■■■■■
Ex army dreamers most of them.

Bking:

Conor:

“been mechanics” you takin the ■■■■.Every pratt I meet driving a truck has “been a mechanic” at somepoint.Not one of them knows jack about braking systems,electrical systems or diesel systems but they stopped being a “mechanic” to drive a truck for longer hours and half the money.Full o [zb].

Both peas in a pod though you two. Him trying to bluster he knows what he’s on about with his City and Guilds in mechanics he’s got to tell everyone about and you with your twenty/thirty/forty, or whatever it is today, years experience as a fitter man and boy when neither of you really have any clue.

Own Account Driver:

Bking:

Conor:

“been mechanics” you takin the ■■■■.Every pratt I meet driving a truck has “been a mechanic” at somepoint.Not one of them knows jack about braking systems,electrical systems or diesel systems but they stopped being a “mechanic” to drive a truck for longer hours and half the money.Full o [zb].

Both peas in a pod though you two. Him trying to bluster he knows what he’s on about with his City and Guilds in mechanics he’s got to tell everyone about and you with your twenty/thirty/forty, or whatever it is today, years experience as a fitter man and boy when neither of you really have any clue.

Yup.

We had this Problem ,I seem to recall it was air leaking in the chamber from the spring brake side through to the diaphram .