DAF CF Gearbox Auto or Manual?

I’m doing a few days casual between jobs, apparently I’ll be driving an 07 DAF CF, I’ve never seen inside a DAF - let alone driven one.

Anyone know if it’s likely to be an automatic or manual… ?

it could be either manual or auto, best ask the guy who you gonna do the job for if its what you seek too know

Will do later today when I speak to him.
Wasn’t sure if there was a particular year they all went auto or not. Hence the question.

just depends on what they specced when they bought it ,if it’s an auto just turn he rotary switch to D and off you go

the early autos (which that will be on an 07) were pants as they put you in no mans land for 2 seconds between every gear change. the later ones 60 plate and onwards have much better software with snappier changes and are a nice drive.

Part of me would like to have a go in a manual, haven’t driven one for a long time now. Another part of me (the lazy part) dreads the idea of having to do more work.

A few months back I had a few weeks in an Iveco Stralis, Jesus that was a pain in the backside. There was a longer than acceptable lag between pressing the accelerator and the gearbox/clutch picking up, ended up looking and feeling like a right tool on roundabouts and t-junctions… until I decided to sit holding it on the throttle and hand brake. The anti roll back was completely unreliable. Twas an older unit, perhaps Iveco have improved, but the lag and having a steering wheel the size of a small planet with hardly any rake/reach adjustment giving me a pain across the centre back (had to lean to reach the steering) put me off Iveco for life, I would now actually turn work down rather than driver another Iveco.