Daf CF Aux

Got a new 66 plate daf cf, the basic sound system has a usb port in the centre console which works with the aux source on the radio.

I connected my ipod and iphone but they will not work. The radio manual says it works with wmv files ( windows )

Any advice would be appreciated.

Is your music mp3 files?
Is WMV files not just for videos?
How old is your iphone? Newer radios are not compatible with a lot of older phones/pods

Does the same to me if I ever get unlucky enough to get one for the day. I tried my iPhone 6 and 7 still nothing but will of the tablet. Must just not like iPhones. The aux port works fine if you have an older iPhone just the USB which doesn’t. But at least it keeps phone charged

Ipod nano and iphone 6, so all modern, playing files from itunes.

After research, I think that I need to convert files to mp3 format. However, I am not sure.

My original post was to try and find someone who had a similar problem.

Oh and don’t get me stated on the lane departure warning !
As most of my work is on country lanes, it can be a PITA if you forget to switch it off lol

Not just you mate I just make sure I get a Scania or Mercedes so I don’t get the problem and a nice comfy drive. ■■■■ sight easier than converting to MP3 even though I don’t think I’d know how lol

Snarley:
Got a new 66 plate daf cf, the basic sound system has a usb port in the centre console which works with the aux source on the radio.

I connected my ipod and iphone but they will not work. The radio manual says it works with wmv files ( windows )

Any advice would be appreciated.

Maybe it’s referring to a USB stick with the WMV files in the root. (i.e. not in a folder)

Thanks Evil8Beezle i will put convert some files to mp3 and put them on a USB stick.

This is why I love this forum :slight_smile:))

I had the same problem with mine. It wouldn’t connect my galaxy via the USB aux. Use the 3.5mm jack plug above it plugged into the earphone socket on your phone. Press src on the stereo and Roberts your mother’s brother :smiley:

Our 15 plate CF doesn’t like my iPhone 5s using Spotifiy. Used the 3.5mm jack above it. Its odd as our Scanias pick up and play through the USB just fine.

Throw a gallon of diesel over it, and then some matches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve got a 14 plate and I can run i-pod, samsung galaxy and my kindle through the USB port without any problems with good sound on all. The 3.5 mm jack I just use for charging. I take it you are selecting “rearaux” on the radio ?