Daf CF 75 on 09 plate help

A mate of mine has a Daf cf 75 on a 09 plate but has has a problem with it today.

It went into limp mode with the exhaust light on the dash. He took it to a local garage who hooked it up to there lap top and showed 6 faults, they have sorted 4 faults but it’s still showing 2 faults.

They are dozing and emissions but the truck is now running ok for time being, does anyone have any ideas what these two remaining faults are?

if it has gone in to limp mode, it will be something to do with the Adblu system, usually on DAF’s, it is the NOX sensor on the exhaust

shuttlespanker:
if it has gone in to limp mode, it will be something to do with the Adblu system, usually on DAF’s, it is the NOX sensor on the exhaust

It’s out of limp mode now but still showing those faults on the lap top.

mixer driver:

shuttlespanker:

when you say it is showing ‘dozing’, do you mean ‘dosing’?

as in, the amount of delivery?

if that is the case, then it will still be down to the Adblu system, hence still showing up on the emissions

shuttlespanker:

mixer driver:

shuttlespanker:

when you say it is showing ‘dozing’, do you mean ‘dosing’?

as in, the amount of delivery?

if that is the case, then it will still be down to the Adblu system, hence still showing up on the emissions

It could possibly be dosing, it said dozing in the txt he sent but it’s more likely to be dosing.

So you think it’s the nox sensor?

sounds like the dosing unit, it sends the Adblu to the exhaust, if that is faulty, it would show the emissions warning

shuttlespanker:
sounds like the dosing unit, it sends the Adblu to the exhaust, if that is faulty, it would show the emissions warning

Is it expensive or big job to fix? Can only Daf fix it?

mixer driver:

shuttlespanker:

dunno, never had a truck with Adblu

but, from the little info you have posted, i would take a guess at the dosing pump for the adblu

mixer driver:

shuttlespanker:

yes its expensive, my truck got a new dosing unit and sensor last year done at a daf garage, bill was in the region of £850

scotstrucker:

mixer driver:

shuttlespanker:

yes its expensive, my truck got a new dosing unit and sensor last year done at a daf garage, bill was in the region of £850

I’ll not tell him the price, might not be that.

Was it the same symptoms?

mixer driver:

scotstrucker:

mixer driver:

shuttlespanker:

I’ll not tell him the price, might not be that.

Was it the same symptoms?

all mine had was the exaust symbol on dash

just a note, there will be 2 stored faults that are “inactive” which are “dosing long term failure” and probs one that reads nox timed out. these faults cant not be cleared with your avarage diagnostic software, i work for a daf dealer and we even cant just clear them, we have to obtain a seperate code from daf to wipe the codes. so…there may be nothing wrong with you vehicle it will most likely be a stored error, have you got any warning on the dash?

mike