Daf CF (2008 mirror) help

Hi all, yesterday during the high winds and, as sods law would have it, I was over taking on the motorway and suddenly the near side mirror(the whole thing including the arm etc) folded in so I couldn’t see out of it. Not the best thing to happen when you need to pull back in !!! Anyway, I managed to pull in very carefully and stopped in a layby to put it back in poison. Today going over the Severn Crossing, it happened again.

How can I tighten this up ?

Adam27:
to put it back in poison. Today going over the Severn Crossing, it happened again.

How can I tighten this up ?

Try giving it an antidote [emoji1] can’t see it being happy being put in poison so not surprised it folded again

Though I bet that the arm has caps/ covers over if you look carefully to get to the fixings so you can tighten them

They tighten from the top of the arm with a 10mm socket

Time to get the trusted old screw driver Alan key or socket set out and attack the underneath / bottom of the mirror arm that would be the lightly reason why its folding in, check the top arm at the same time … failing that then a new mirror arm which is about 110 bones :unamused:

You have to pop the cover off the door at the bottom of the mirror (under the window) and were the arm pivots at the bottom there is a locking pin about the size of a 50pence coin that will have jammed, give it a whack or use a screw driver to wedge it back out and that should sort it

I can’t get the bottom cap off and would hate to snap it off. It was good as gold today but then there were no high winds and no high bridges. I think the top half is supposed to be loose as the bottom part has the “teeth” for adjustment. Well have a look when I’ve finished my for day weekend… Get in !!

The bottom cover will come off what you need to do is with both hands press down firmly on the top and up on the bottom,tilt backwards away from the D shaped bracket.And underneath the arm I think there is a nut

Cheers Norb :slight_smile: