Daf and Adblue

Hello, just got a quick question, I’m using a 2016 Daf Euro 6 and the Adblue Light has just come on. Does anyone know how long I have roughly until it runs out ? I know I know I should of put some in but I was in a rush and totally forgot I don’t make a habit of it

Will it run without it ? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is technically illegal to run without enough ad blue in the system. The truck when it gets too low will also likely go into limp mode.

Depends how low it is but once the light comes on or message saying fill adblue then it needs doing sooner rather than later. Tank sizes vary and does how much adblue is used.

simcor:
It is technically illegal to run without enough ad blue in the system. The truck when it gets too low will also likely go into limp mode.

Depends how low it is but once the light comes on or message saying fill adblue then it needs doing sooner rather than later. Tank sizes vary and does how much adblue is used.

Yes I know but can’t find a BP or UK Fuels near me in Basildon that has HGV access and Adblue on the Pump. Was hoping I can make it to Boreham Services is why I asked

Thanks [emoji120]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One would assume that a reserve would be be at least 5 litres. But as I said how many miles you would get out of the reeve would depend on a lot of factors I’d imagine. Can’t really help any further than that.

If the light is on then I stick some in at nearest available opportunity if out on the road.

We use about 1 litre per 100km trunking up and back from Scotland over the A66 at full weight.

Buy a can from any garage, it’ll be a lot cheaper than a derate! Whether or not you claim it back on expenses is up to you, I’m necky enough to claim it back even if it was my fault for not checking and filling it up. Your company may not. It’s not the end of the world, but getting hit in your own wallet tends to focus the mind for the future.

the maoster:
Buy a can from any garage, it’ll be a lot cheaper than a derate! Whether or not you claim it back on expenses is up to you, I’m necky enough to claim it back even if it was my fault for not checking and filling it up. Your company may not. It’s not the end of the world, but getting hit in your own wallet tends to focus the mind for the future.

This 100%…

Far easier and much less stress to buy a bottle of the stuff, pour it in and have done.