DAF Air Duster Gun

Hi,

Can anyone advise me on what Air Duster Gun set I need to get that connects to a T-Piece fitted onto the handbrake airline on a DAF CF85?

On my daf cf i have a blue one fitted to the air seat all i did was took top of the seat off and connected it to the air line pipe easy to do
I got it from ebay cost £9.99

NEVER tee into the handbrake airline, it could cost your life.

All of ours are Teed into the handbrake airline, how is it going to cost me my life?

I do have a blue one, but it did not fit the connections under the seat :astonished:/

The_DAF_Man:
NEVER tee into the handbrake airline, it could cost your life.

I wouldnt tap into any part of the breaking system thats just asking for problems :unamused:

be aware, the blue one, with the pic of the DAF on the packaging, may burst due to the thickness of the pipe not being sufficient :open_mouth:

i would go for the black one where you get the T piece with it, then just swap the t piece for the pipe connector for air supply to the seat and connect there :wink:

Ah ok, thanks

shuttlespanker:
be aware, the blue one, with the pic of the DAF on the packaging, may burst due to the thickness of the pipe not being sufficient :open_mouth:

That could be interesting if it’s piped into the braking system :open_mouth:

Dogmatix:
All of ours are Teed into the handbrake airline, how is it going to cost me my life?

If the Tee piece detaches or air line on duster splits you will have a sudden drop in air pressure over the braking system and your hand brake will come on…not very good at 90kph

Also I think it will get you a PG9 if VOSA see it

:smiley: I better mention it to our workshop then and see what they say.

Its not replacing the Tee on the handbrake btw, its just linked into the airline that goes to it.

Yeah but any airloss on that system will see your handbrake either come on or release, not something you want really.

Ok I got one that is for a DAF\Iveco from Lymm Truck Stop, I asked them in there where did it connect as it has a totally different connection, it has a screw on connection, so now I have no idea where this goes any clues?, or do I need the T-Piece and take the connector off it and screw this on? Pass ffs I dunno :frowning:

Dogmatix:
Ok I got one that is for a DAF\Iveco from Lymm Truck Stop, I asked them in there where did it connect as it has a totally different connection, it has a screw on connection, so now I have no idea where this goes any clues?, or do I need the T-Piece and take the connector off it and screw this on? Pass ffs I dunno :frowning:

is it an orange pipe with a tyre valve type adaptor on it? with a valve extension with it too?

No its got a connection like this one, it says DAF\Iveco on it, ffs at this rate I am going to have a collection of these things.

in that case, under the rear nearside corner of the cab is an air pressure test point, you might also find them on the air tanks :wink:

this is the one you want

store.truckstuff.co.uk/_0598091 … l&pid=7165

it has the T Piece that you connect to the air line under the passenger seat or the drivers seat

Is it outside the cab, or inside the cab?

Dogmatix:
Is it outside the cab, or inside the cab?

the test point is outside the cab, it will have a rubber cap over it, i have never seen one actually inside the cab :confused:

We had an airline fitted to our daf75 only last week , the fitter connected straight to the top of one of the outside air tanks where he connected to a threaded hole already there with push fit fittings, took him 10 mins , we bought a h/duty airline ,a quite expensive tyre pressure gauge for puntures etc and a blower for dusting out the cab etc. All kept in the cab when not in use and the fittings on the tank tamper proof and vosa approved.

one of my better buys

trickyd