Daf Adblue.

Most of you will be aware of how shot Dafs are for Adblue faults but mine has thrown something up I’ve never come across before. The Adblue gauge seems to be faulty as I’ve filled it up this morning but it keeps going down to empty on the gauge. Of course this kicks the exhaust system warning, engine warning and engine power limiting on. It’ll be like that for a while and then the needle goes back to full, the warnings disappear and were running ok again. Is it possible to change an Adblue gauge or is it likely to be on of the other million sensors on it??

Cheers
Matt.

After such slanderous comments about my beloved DAFs ,I don’t think you deserve assistance :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

It will either be the float or the wiring …Generally as you know chances are it will be the wiring :astonished: :astonished:

MANs dont even have a float in the tank it works on a radar type setup, something like an electronic signal pulses and measure the distance with no liquid, this is how it tells how much you have in , another example of making things more complicated than need be,

next time mine develops an adblue fault its getting turned off altogether ! Bugger the enviroment !

chaversdad:
MANs dont even have a float in the tank it works on a radar type setup, something like an electronic signal pulses and measure the distance with no liquid, this is how it tells how much you have in , another example of making things more complicated than need be,

next time mine develops an adblue fault its getting turned off altogether ! Bugger the enviroment !

There was a flyer in truck n driver advertising such inventions ,I guess it must be like the old cb burners ,you can buy one but can’t be caught using it .

Punchy Dan:

chaversdad:

There was a flyer in truck n driver advertising such inventions ,I guess it must be like the old cb burners ,you can buy one but can’t be caught using it .

Theres more than you think using them, i know a lad who has 3 V8 Scanias less than a year old and before they even went on the road the adblue was turned off

Just get the ad blu disabled

Do you fill up from a pump or bottles? We had a breakdown on a new MAN unit. The little plastic tangs off the bottle cap had fallen inside and jammed the level sensor.

adam1987:
Just get the ad blu disabled

This. Spoken to a few drivers who’ve had the adblue switched off and they say it’s made their trucks much more reliable. If done properly the light on the dash will still light up which is apparently all that is tested for mot.
One od I know has had his done and after mot was also given an RPC. :laughing:

Yeah I know a few who’ve had it done on various trucks [emoji15] but I wanted to keep this one right if it wasn’t gonna cost too much. All the warnings have gone now and it’s running fine but I’m sure it won’t be long till they’re back!

Matt.

Seen quite a few on truck trader listed as “Euro 4” when they’re clearly of Euro 5 age. They must’ve been sorted ready for export… :wink:

Apparently there is a port (usually in passenger footwell) that DVSA can use to access the vehicles on board thingymabob to ascertain whether or not the vehicle is actually using ad blue. Dunno if this is bollox fitter speak or if it’s actually true.

the maoster:
Apparently there is a port (usually in passenger footwell) that DVSA can use to access the vehicles on board thingymabob to ascertain whether or not the vehicle is actually using ad blue. Dunno if this is bollox fitter speak or if it’s actually true.

Can’t see they’d have the time it’s not exactly affecting its’ roadworthiness is it? If adblue was optional who’d actually have Euro 5 or 6? I’d happily have a Euro 3 and upset Greenpeace.

xfmatt:
Most of you will be aware of how shot Dafs are for Adblue faults but mine has thrown something up I’ve never come across before. The Adblue gauge seems to be faulty as I’ve filled it up this morning but it keeps going down to empty on the gauge. Of course this kicks the exhaust system warning, engine warning and engine power limiting on. It’ll be like that for a while and then the needle goes back to full, the warnings disappear and were running ok again. Is it possible to change an Adblue gauge or is it likely to be on of the other million sensors on it??

Cheers
Matt.

Adblue emulator - pm me for references,

Muckaway:

the maoster:

Can’t see they’d have the time it’s not exactly affecting its’ roadworthiness is it? If adblue was optional who’d actually have Euro 5 or 6? I’d happily have a Euro 3 and upset Greenpeace.

Plus is it really an offence if the vehicle doesn’t enter the LEZ in London? Plenty of other Euro 2/3/4 wagons running around still with no Adblue.

Matt.