Daf 95XF Electrics

Afternoon all.
Does anyone know if the XF has any 12v sockets, the ones at the bottom of the dash are marked up as 24v & I cant find any 12v ones.
Also is the Radio 12 or 24 volt.
It’s an 06 plate if that makes any difference.

Cheers in advance.

I don’t think there is a 12 volt socket.
The cig lighter is 24 v, so I expect the radio is too,
though I don’t actually know.

Regards,
Nick.

Both my sockets are 24v, 54 reg.

But have changed the radio for a 12v from the car… : :sunglasses:

I had a 06 plate xf last week they were 24v in my unit.

Cheers Lads, thanks for the info.
Looks like I’m going to have to dig my old Dropper out for my Telly & Lappy etc.
At least I can use my own Radio if it is 12v.

Oh! one other question. Are the 24v sockets a permanent supply, or are they switched with the ignition.

Again thanks.

I only ever used the cig lighter one.
It’s on all the time and will also run a 150W inverter, if you have a laptop.

Regards,
Nick.

Isn’t coffee the man in the know on the 95xf?

There permanently live mine used to work when had to hand keys in matey.

radio is 12 volt

both plugs 24 volt unless changed by previous owner/driver

if you take the blanking plate out above the tacho there is a 12v cb plug, i use this for my laptop and it works fine, not sure about other apps with higer amps, used it in xf’s for years no probs.

Brilliant, cheers lads.
I will be using the one above the Tacho for my CB, so I’ll just dig my old Dropper out & use that, probably wire it to one of the ones under the dash.

Ta muchly. :smiley:

Why truck manufacturers can’t give us a decent number of 12 and 24v sockets as well as a mains socket powered through an inbuilt inverter is beyond me.

Harry Monk:
Why truck manufacturers can’t give us a decent number of 12 and 24v sockets as well as a mains socket powered through an inbuilt inverter is beyond me.

The Actros i use gives you one 12v socket and 2 24v i think Harry. Saying that i still blew up a fridge at the beginning of the summer as I plugged it in in the dark!! :blush:

streaky:

Harry Monk:

The Actros i use gives you one 12v socket and 2 24v i think Harry. Saying that i still blew up a fridge at the beginning of the summer as I plugged it in in the dark!! :blush:

Yes, but why on earth are 12v and 24v sockets the same size? Most other electrical devices have plugs specific to the voltage, i.e you can’t plug a 9v charger into a 6v socket.

Harry Monk:

streaky:

Harry Monk:

Yes, but why on earth are 12v and 24v sockets the same size? Most other electrical devices have plugs specific to the voltage, i.e you can’t plug a 9v charger into a 6v socket.

Ggrrr! Too true Harry! i liked that fridge too! I could have had a jacket potato in it when it went! :laughing:

cigarette sockets are so out of date,
proper sockets should be fitted in all new trucks.

bubsy06:
cigarette sockets are so out of date,
proper sockets should be fitted in all new trucks.

You’ll want a bed next!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Harry Monk:

I couldn’t agree more Harry & as your later post, why don’t they have different sockets for different voltages. Maybe standard ciggy sockets for 12v & Hella for 24v, maybe a different or standard type of socket for 240v if an Inverter is fitted.
Personally, I’ve always worked on Waggon sockets being either 12 or 24 volt & not knowing what voltage is supplied to any socket is why I always carry a Multimeter with me.

I’ve always worked on the KISS principle (keep it simple stupid) so why complicate things, I think this applies very well here.

Nowt more to say really.

If you slide your radio out or remove the panel you will find a square plastic plug beside where the radio is plugged into, (use a voltage tester to be sure) fit a live and neutral wire with spade clips to it, and your hella socket to other end.

robroy:
If you slide your radio out or remove the panel you will find a square plastic plug beside where the radio is plugged into, (use a voltage tester to be sure) fit a live and neutral wire with spade clips to it, and your hella socket to other end.

Nice one, cheers mate.