Daf 95 xf

Drove a new DAF95 xf today,very weird, you get to within 100 yds of a car and you feel it braking itself,then you have the same thing when a car pulls out from an entry ramp in front of you,but that is more severe on the brakes,i kept hearing voices earlier and at first ignored it,heard it again later and thought someone was having a go at me (pedestrian)so as i was looking about from the cab,i realised what it was,another safety feature saying this vehicle is turning left,new vehicles take some getting used to

Don’t think you were driving a Daf95xf about 2006 when they stopped making them

You were in an XF106 and you can turn all those aids off and drive it normally.

I had a new cf for a bit and couldn’t stand the driving aids, ended up turning them off, nice motors thou I also had a xf106 before getting a Volvo.

You can turn them all off by long pressing on the down part of the switches. You can turn off the EBS by pressing on the higher part of the switch.

edit:

The advantage of turning off the ebs is so that it won’t slam on the brakes when you’re nearing a bridge or street furniture. You’ll still get a warning on the dash though.

Rentadent:

No he wasn’t, he was in a DAF XF, no such thing as an XF106!!

DAF95XF:

Rentadent:

No he wasn’t, he was in a DAF XF, no such thing as an XF106!!

Painfully pedantic but ok he was in a DAF XF Euro 6, also referred to as an XF106 by ‘almost’ everyone including DAF dealers to differentiate from the 105 range.