DAF 75/360

Anyone running one of these 360 dafs,how are you finding the fuel consumption? Ours is a 6x4 tipper &is only doing 7.5 to 8.2 mpg . As usual the dealer says it will improve and the driver needs training.Trouble is when your just a small company who needs to have your trucks on the road you cant throw the heap back at them. :frowning:

would’nt have thought that was far wrong for a double drive.
i,ve a 75 with rear lift and the best i get out of that is 9mpg and thats with a lot of motorway driving and only a 240 engine!

Also running a cat c12 6x4 Foden tipper shes getting high 8s low 9s plus a 75/290 Daf getting similar returns thats why i`m disapointed with this 75/360 being a mile to the gallon worse off .That Daf just aint in the same league as a Foden.

Wow, was surprised at first that the Cat is so much better than the Daf motor, but then wondered whether you’re running in hilly terrain a lot? The bigger Cat motor may cope better than the CF’s 9.6 litre lump on tough going.
What revs is it showing at cruising speed?

Do any of your drivers own diesel cars!?!

We do operate in hilly terrain,i reckon daf hasnt got it quite right, heard rumours of operators with 75/310s getting better fuel returns and a more tractable motor.Had a guy riding shotgun from the dealer he said the driver was doing the job pretty much as he should.The trouble is they are low geared,however there aint enough low end torque to pull any thing higher i reckon.We have a 75/290 and she is a lot nicer to drive even though its meant to be 70 horses down.
Heres another moan at the manufacturers, why do they put the wiring looms inside that convoluted tube ? it really wears through the wires inside. :exclamation: