daf 55 lf

Hi.

I have a 2006 daf 55 that has a strange issue. 2 months ago I started the engine as normal. There Was a screech and the engine stopped. It transpired the shaft of the high pressure seized and broke. I bought a new pump from a Bosch agent and and he said he would need to check injectors to see if filings got into them. He said that yes the injectors also needed repair and did the repair. When the new pump and the injectors were refitted, it started and ran fine. Keep in mind that before the main pump failed, the truck ran perfectly.
When it was driven up the road, it died down and there was plumes of white smoke from the exhaust. The engine will miss and seems to go to limp mode. If you turn off the engine and re start it will be OK again until you give it heavy throttle at which point the saga happens again. If left ticking over even for 2 hours, it will run fine, problem only occurs when driving. There were new fuel filters fitted also.
It was thought that the new pump may be faulty so the diesel guy sent down another one but there was no difference.

Can anyone help me? I am thinking that it could be an injector or injectors?

Thanks

Why not go back to the place that did the work and get them to put it right seeing as they’ve not actually fixed it properly?

Hi. It is still in the garage, i havent got it back since i sent it in there. I need to take it out of there because they have it a long time already now and they are no closer to getting it sorted and I need the truck.

Hi, just to close this, it is back up and running now. There was an injector pipe left loose.

jimmy diesel junior:
Hi, just to close this, it is back up and running now. There was an injector pipe left loose.

■■■■ me… how long did it take 'em to find that ?

If I was you I would seriously think about changing the garage you use. Loose injector pipe, did no one notice the leak ?

Think somebody is feeding you crap.
If an injector pipe is loose then rail pressure (about 22000 psi) is lost.
Engine will not even inject with less than 4000 psi signal to engine ecu.
Why didnt it ■■■■ diesel all over the floor if a pipe was loose

Sounds more like a boost /temp sensor failed. About 100 quid