Daf 3600 to show 2011

Wheel Nut:

3300John:
Hiya …anyone out there got stamina how about this poor thing. if you show this in 2011 it,ll be on a low loader

We,ve tried but with no luck.
John

Hmm, a 2800 with a home made chicken hut on the roof! :open_mouth:
2800 was launched in 1975, 3300 was launched in 1982, the space cab was not available until 1985

Hiya wheel nut…
you see the Laybond 3300 that was the first 3300 motor show (b reg) in the UK it was new to Callanders felt crigglestone.
It was painted all green with the end of a roll of felt on the door. she run from crigg to portsmouth in the night and crigg
to basildon in the day.two shifts…after a while the transport closed at crigg and about 6 trucks trucks came to Colas
building products Chester it was then silver and mine. after about 3 years she was sandblasted and painted red and green after
a management buy out… The 2800 rough DAF must have been recabbed at sometime. i have good info she run M/e for
quite afew trips…someone will know out there.The chap has a ERF and a AEC v8 all in the same condition…rough
John

An original R plate DAF 2800, seems like the only major change was the corner air deflectors and the white curtains :stuck_out_tongue:

3300John:
Hiya …anyone out there got stamina how about this poor thing. if you show this in 2011 it,ll be on a low loader

We,ve tried but with no luck.
John

hey john

shame about this motor :cry: :cry: :cry: i tell you what, you certainly know how to find em mate :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

i wonder if that extended daf is still about somewhere or been made into coke cans or washing machines :question:

flamin eck ford 4428, you ain’t arf got some stunningly classy motors in your collection :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

cheers
gaz

took this on the way back from truckfest 1995,was on the back of a tasty leyland roadtrain on the a1 (why i stopped and took the pic) never noticed the extended cab.

guess that would of been may 1995 wonder if it got fixed?

steve.

Hiya…nice one steve i often wondered what happend to the DAF.it looks like the doors back.And not to notice the cab extension.RED CARD.
john

Hi Rob
Congratulations very nice looking truck getting a collection of them now, best of luck with her.
Steve

ford4428:
Just purchased

GIZ A GO, one of the best motor’s made, imo, will look out for you on the show circuit next year. i drove a 2800 dkse for a while and thought it was the dogs doo daa’s.

vwvanman0:

took this on the way back from truckfest 1995,was on the back of a tasty leyland roadtrain on the a1 (why i stopped and took the pic) never noticed the extended cab.

guess that would of been may 1995 wonder if it got fixed?

steve.

Keith “Headsped” Headleys Daf he had it converted up in Thessalonica Greece forget the name of the garage it was ■■■■■■■ lovely in its day. Keiths up in the TIR park above us now he was a top bloke a real good laugh. RIP Keith.

Fly sheet

fly sheet:

vwvanman0:

took this on the way back from truckfest 1995,was on the back of a tasty leyland roadtrain on the a1 (why i stopped and took the pic) never noticed the extended cab.guess that would of been may 1995 wonder if it got fixed?
keith “Headsped” Headleys Daf he had it converted up in Thessalonica Greece forget the name of the garage it was [zb] lovely in its day. Keiths up in the TIR park above us now he was a top bloke a real good laugh. RIP Keith.

Hiya flysheet…did keith do middle east with the DAF or just local work (greece) LOL i saw him a few times on the road but never spoke to him.
have you any photos when she was newer.
John

I only knew Keith whilst doing Greece he always used to go overland down to there. I dunno what he’d done previously sorry. I’m sort of remembering that he had a heart attack getting off the ferry in Zeebrugge & thats how the motor got shagged. Its a long time ago but thats come into my scorched brain.

Fly sheet

Hi Lads
Here is a shot of the Headley DAF looking a little smarter than in the previous shots. I took this on Heywood industrial estate, i think this is where it was based. Two of Chris Bennetts working motors to wet your appetites.

Scan0002.JPG

Another of Chris Bennett’s in work mode taken at Unit D6 Red Scar, Preston on the week we moved in 8th Oct 2007. regards Big Al

i think the 2800 high roof belongs to my dads old mate jonny burdon from rotherham. he did middle east for a bit av been told

Taken at The Brock Cafe on the A6 North of Preston

Who needs a sleeper cab ? regards Big Al

Another one from The Brock Cafe

John Lord rescuing broken down 45 ton ATT Crane George Hunt’s yard Croston 1994 (recognise the yard Big George ?)

Here is my old daf 2800. For me its still the best truck I’ve ever driven. Am looking to buy one if anyone has one to sell? Would prefer a 3300 or 3600 thou.

Good Pictures everyone - Does anyone have any pictures of Chris Bennett 3600 Daf D951 NOK

Picture 027.jpg
I think I have to credit my mate John Ford with sending me this picture, regards Big Al