Daf 3300/3600 spacecab

does anyone have any photos of these motors or the copy of trucking international featuring maguires of cheltenham spacecab.cheers :laughing:

Try this site Carl there`s all sorts of great pics on it
public.fotki.com/bedgar/truck_ph … af_trucks/

Here`s two pics from the site
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

:smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :sunglasses:

Nice pics a great site Neal! I put that in my favourites!

Did you look at that Australian Atki in the International Harvester section? Don’t remember seeing that before. Can’t remember what year that would be.

Come to think of it, it has the look of a DAF about it. Both were owned by IH at one stage weren’t they?

Salut, David.

Spardo:
Did you look at that Australian Atki in the International Harvester section? Don’t remember seeing that before. Can’t remember what year that would be.

Come to think of it, it has the look of a DAF about it. Both were owned by IH at one stage weren’t they?

Salut, David.

yes indeed, David, both were owned by IH before they fell on hard times. I believe that Seddon Atkinson and Atkinson Australia came into the Iveco fold by separate routes and at different times, though

hello carl i have a copy of trucking international with the maguires daf you can order them through trucking see this months for address december 1987 issue is the one you want spent many sat mornings cleaning maguires wagons as my dad worked for them

The AC Binns DAf, is that anything to do with an operator called Paul Binns from the Northampton area?..used to have a couple of totally over the top, blinged up Scanias (bright mettalic Green :open_mouth: )

Would have been around the late 80s early 90s.

Had one driver in our yard then who would get ever so slightly over excited every time he saw one of them :unamused: :unamused: …cor, he would say (in a scottish accent!!)…wish I could drive one of them…well you can, we would say…its a scania…theres millions of them around, just get a job driving one!!..NO,NO he would say…I want to drive one of them!!..and then dissapear of with a box of tissues!!! :smiley: :smiley: :open_mouth:

Spardo:

Salut, David.

Yepp David, IH owned them, I aint had a chance to look over the site yet, but Im going to check the acki’s out!

Mal:

Spardo:

Salut, David.

Yepp David, IH owned them, I aint had a chance to look over the site yet, but Im going to check the acki’s out!

The only ones that I’ve seen on the site are “badge-engineered” Internationals, rather than the proper Australian Atkis, allthough I do have quite a few pictures (and some original brochures) of real Aussie Atkis

Ive only got 2 pics of the Aus motors, and they are in pat kennet seddon acki’s book. They have a square cab on them, but seem to keep the same radiator!

cheers nianiamh great pics mate :laughing: rs i phoned trucking but they couldnt help as since future publishing took over a year ago they got rid of all back issues prior to that :frowning: .bullit the daf is owned by paul binns but someone told me there his sons enitials that foto looks like it was taken while on the trip to carisio that was featured in T&D.which i no longer have thanks to my kids :angry:

Mal:
Ive only got 2 pics of the Aus motors, and they are in pat kennet seddon acki’s book. They have a square cab on them, but seem to keep the same radiator!

Yep, the good old “Withnell tube” raditaor, as seen on the Mk.1 Atkis - great for ease of repair (unless you’re a Eurobox “diagnostic technician”…)

The cab you’ve seen was supplied to Atkinson Australia by a company called Reinforced Plastics, and is a double-skinned glassfibre monocoque.

hankstruckpictures.com/pix/t … t_1975.jpg

This link will show you a later model

tell you what 240, they were a pretty big cab for that time, well, they would have been over here! That air intake reminds me of the sedd ack!

To be honest Mal, once that cab was moved forward and lowered to account for the repositioning of the front axle, I don’t think it wouldn’t look any bigger than the Motor Panels sleeper that was fitted to the ERF MW range.

Here is the sixties version of the ‘Skippy’ Atkinson:

marky:
To be honest Mal, once that cab was moved forward and lowered to account for the repositioning of the front axle, I don’t think it wouldn’t look any bigger than the Motor Panels sleeper that was fitted to the ERF MW range.

Here is the sixties version of the ‘Skippy’ Atkinson:

I wondered where you’d got to!

Yep, this is the motor that was exhibited in the demonstration park at the 1968 Show (not on the show stand). It was an Australian cab imported and fitted to an English chassis at Walton-le-Dale. It was also fitted with Holset “Velvet Ride” rear suspension, and went into service with Hanson. From memory, I think it may have been OWT 100G

I’m sat here watching the rain fall on my front garden…

We’re mad busy with work at our place again (not…) I got a job to move three PCs in a sorting ofice at Stockport this morning and in the notes it said it was an emergency and must be done by 20th November. What a shock they got when I costed it, got it approved and then timetabled it for tomorrow - within the hour!!

I’ve just transposed the marketing film ‘Spaghetti - No Junction’ from VHS to DVD, as well as another documentary for someone - what a job I’ve got!!

carl i have a few pictures of space cabs but cant post them on here because dont have the right equipment but i can copy some for you and post them to you old style pm your address if you want too

Marky, I just had another look at the Hank’s pic, and of course it is a sleeper cab, it’s got the big roo-bars on and the front axle is as you say, further forward. I think the cab has something about it, it aint half bad, but for looks it dont come near the Borderer!

Mal:
Marky, I just had another look at the Hank’s pic, and of course it is a sleeper cab, it’s got the big roo-bars on and the front axle is as you say, further forward. I think the cab has something about it, it aint half bad, but for looks it dont come near the Borderer!

Well, we’ve managed to steer this thread away from DAFs to Atkis, haven’t we?? :wink:

markey ive been lent a copy of spaghetti no junction and its great theres a guy down here who,s gonna put it on dvd for me.the company that made it did another one with a turbostar but i cant find out the title any idea mate.