Daf 2800 never been used

Did anyone else notice this brand spanking new Daf 2800 for sale in the Commercial Motor 27th July only done 546 kms. been stored from new.

I wish I had the money!!!

Sorry I haven’t got the mag, to show it as I was in Renault reading it.

Well I hadn’t but I just had a closer look, “Get down Shep’”, what a beauty, 54 km’s on the clock :open_mouth: :open_mouth: . If anyone is interested, MV Commercial 0845 862 1485 for a slice of history :smiley:

Hiya was’nt that for sale on E bay about a year back, it went for 28k. if its the same one it belonged to a
chap called ROB who had my 3300 space cab off me. he has some transcons as well.he had a un-regestered sed ak
and a bedford TM with only a few miles on the clock
John

adr:
Well I hadn’t but I just had a closer look, “Get down Shep’”, what a beauty, 54 km’s on the clock :open_mouth: :open_mouth: . If anyone is interested, MV Commercial 0845 862 1485 for a slice of history :smiley:

Wonder how much ?
And an Analogue tacho. Will that be legal on a new registration now ?

3 wheeler:

adr:

Wonder how much ?

I just traced this , its had a few owners last up for sale in 2011 for £28k !!!
i would love to know what they want and get for it now!

3300John:
Hiya was’nt that for sale on E bay about a year back, it went for 28k. if its the same one it belonged to a
chap called ROB who had my 3300 space cab off me. he has some transcons as well.he had a un-regestered sed ak
John

If it was it must have been piggy-backed everywhere with that mileage!

adr:

3300John:
John

Hiya yes rob has this low loader with amazing living area. he wanted my Spacer to pull the trailer.
I,ve got a photo of the outfit some where. 3 axle 3300 space cab(the only rhd 3 axle) pulling this trailer
with a new 2800 on the back.on one site it said 54klicks but i think it should be 584 or something like that.
if its the same one its a middle east lorry or somthing its got a sand filter on the air intake but was never
delivered.this was mine. what a gem

John

3300John:
John

Do you know any more about the Sed Ak, John?

240 Gardner:

3300John:
John

Do you know any more about the Sed Ak, John?

hiya…the sedak was bought by a chap and never put on the road (tax thing)anyhow the haulage crisis happened
and the lorry stayed in the shed unused. eventually it was sold to Rob. Rob had it a while then sold it.
it was a day cab with a roller in it i think.its a blue one with a red chassis, its on the circut you must have seen it.
if you go to google and type in… classic commerical show gaydon 2011 …the atki is on the 3rd row of photo’s.
John

adr:

That’s the one, 54 kms , i put 546 but i didn’t have me glasses on. If I had work for an artic I’d have that and put it on the road as a working truck, and spend my last few driving years as happy as Larry.

3300John:

adr:

3300John:
John

Hiya yes rob has this low loader with amazing living area. he wanted my Spacer to pull the trailer.
I,ve got a photo of the outfit some where. 3 axle 3300 space cab(the only rhd 3 axle) pulling this trailer
with a new 2800 on the back.on one site it said 54klicks but i think it should be 584 or something like that.
if its the same one its a middle east lorry or somthing its got a sand filter on the air intake but was never
delivered.this was mine. what a gem

John

I WANT THAT!!!
My 3-axle unit was a similar 2800, uprated to 3300. It was bought when three axle 3300s were “unavailable” (see photo on another thread). But I REALLY fancied a Space Cab.

Yer tiz.

Sideways!

img001.jpg

:wink: :smiley:

Bo**ox!
You’ve all got better photo programmes than I.
Cheers, matey.

how remembers the 6 wheel space cabs with the strips up the cabs all different colours

Dieseldog66:
If I had work for an artic I’d have that and put it on the road as a working truck, and spend my last few driving years as happy as Larry.

Loads of work down here for it. Buy it, ship it over, I’ll drive it and look after it, you get your fees plus commission. Can’t say “fairer than that” can I, oh wait, I just did :wink: :grimacing:

But seriously, is it worth 28K+?

3300John:
this was mine. what a gem

John

You need to put an ‘R’ rating on that photo, it’s almost pron. :open_mouth: :grimacing:

Hiya my old DAF has a new owner and she looks like this now, a new front spoiler and some lights
and she don’t half look well

John

nice paint job too. Love that colour scheme on these spacecabs.

3 wheeler:

3 wheeler:

adr:

Wonder how much ?

I just traced this , its had a few owners last up for sale in 2011 for £28k !!!
i would love to know what they want and get for it now!

Let’s hope it is properly preserved for posterity, so that enthusiasts in the future can marvel at the rare sight of a factory-fresh vehicle from days gone by. It pees me off a bit, when such relics are touted around a succession of profiteers- I feel that they are more concerned with their pockets, rather than the long-term preservation of the vehicle. I think that the manufacturers could do more, to celebrate their history. Paccar should have snapped that DAF up, and put it on display at a museum- is there a DAF museum in the Netherlands?