DAF 105

Hi i have a new daf 105 with the 510 engine when i slow down the low oil pressure warning lights come on first the yellow then if i brake harder the red light.this only happens when loaded has anyone had this problem and what is the cure thanks.

probably due an oil change. they use a thin running in oil from new, so i’m told.
change the oil and see how it goes. it’s synthetic on them.

Have you physically checked the oil level :bulb: :question: I’m sure there might be an oil dipstick available when the cab is tilted, it might even be accessible through the lift up front panel :bulb:

I’m not being funny or anything but I’m sure it can be very easy not to do these physical checks when everything is computerised :frowning: So it just might be some kind of glitch with the electronics but doing a hands on physical check with the dipstick would be my first course of action.
Hope you get it sorted before the engine dies through lack of oil :angry:
Regards
Dave Penn;

davepenn54:
Have you physically checked the oil level :bulb: :question: I’m sure there might be an oil dipstick available when the cab is tilted, it might even be accessible through the lift up front panel :bulb:

I’m not being funny or anything but I’m sure it can be very easy not to do these physical checks when everything is computerised :frowning: So it just might be some kind of glitch with the electronics but doing a hands on physical check with the dipstick would be my first course of action.
Hope you get it sorted before the engine dies through lack of oil :angry:
Regards
Dave Penn;

on the facelift XF95 model and the 105 model, the dipstick can only be accessable from under the cab, it is on the nearside of the block.

to check the oil using the dipstick, the cab needs to be tilted

We have an 07 plate DAFT 105 510 and we are having same problem, DAFT cant cure it, beenm in garage 2 or 3 times.

Well that’s what I thought Shuttle, the more dependant on electronics we become and the more difficult it is made to do the simple daily physical checks like oil & water levels the more likely things are to go wrong :confused: :frowning:

I do understand that all the electronic monitoring systems have been introduced in the name progress and maybe making the job easier and I certainly wouldn’t want to be having to tilt the cab everyday to check the oil level but as I know you are an OD/Small Operator I’m sure if you found you were getting odd warnings about the oil pressure the first thing you might be inclined to do is a physical check of the engine oil level when it was cold and if that meant tilting the cab so be it. :angry: If everything was OK then it would indicate a possible glitch in the electronics which I’m sure would cost a few hundred pounds more than a just a few litres of top up with engine oil :angry: :frowning:

Just seen Tony530I’s post about his company experiencing a similar problem with the 105/510 so it sounds like it might have something to do with electronic monitoring system.

Still can’t understand why the truck manufacturers have made it difficult to do the daily fluid level checks and are trying to make everyone dependant on electronics :question: I’m sure it can’t be about money having to be spent on expensive ECU repair bills :unamused: I just don’t believe that :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:
Regards
Dave Penn;

Thanks for replying to my oil problem i did tilt the cab and checked the dipstick level before i took it into DAF. the first oil change is at 50.000 kms i hope its that but i am pleased to see someone else has the same problem i will let you know if there is a solution. Thanks again

Mine decided to throw it’s toys on the M6 near Kendle low oil press abs light NO exhaust brake no indicators and low water level DAF AID traced the fault to a duff relay which controlled some of the electrics replaced and sorted :smiley:
Sorry to sound a complete idiot is it the engine oil and not the gearbox warning system :blush:

We have 20 105 xf 410’s on our fleet all had that problem to start with. Rental company said there is a problem with the filters. Must be sorted now as havent had it happen for months.

The electronic sensors for oil level are unreliable.
Tilt the cab and make sure it’s in the right area, not too full and not too low. Level should be no more that 3/4 full and if you get some to top it up, make sure it’s fully synthetic. The only sensor that DOES work is the low oil warning light, if that’s come on, panic. They do use some oil over time.

whatwever, drive to Austria
orf.at/090629-39870/index.html
www.freetranslation.com
There is a fight for Customer.In Salzburg opened a Petrl Station who offers Diesel 25% cheaper than other. :exclamation:
"Diesel am Montag um 0,585 Euro :bulb:
:grimacing:
Diesel um 0,565 Euro, Benzin 91 und Super um 0,632 Euro
Diesel momentan um 0,519 Euro orf.at/090629-39870/index.html

sat:
Hi i have a new daf 105 with the 510 engine when i slow down the low oil pressure warning lights come on first the yellow then if i brake harder the red light.this only happens when loaded has anyone had this problem and what is the cure thanks.

If this only happens when you’re loaded then the fix is an easy one, run around empty, see problem solved :wink:

Most of the daf units I have driven had an issue with the oil warning lights. If you had been parked up for an overnight, the light would come on, if you were going up or down hill the light would come on. In fact unless the road was dead level and you had been running for an hour, the light would come on. The oil level was always fine when checked.