DAF 105/410 turbo pressure

Hi
I have a feeling that there is something a bit wrong with the DAF I’ve been driving on my latest UK trip.

It feels to me like it’s not making full power, the turbo pressure only goes up to 1.5bar at the most, and the fuel consumption is high for what I’ve been doing. I wonder if maybe the catalyst element is blocked, or the exhaust brake faulty?

The boss doesn’t seem too worried, but on my last trip I had the firm’s older DAF, the 95/530, and the turbo pressure rose freely all the way up to 3 bar.

So, the question is, what’s normal for these, and should I try to get it looked at? I have a week off now then I’m heading off to Switzerland with the same wagon.

Thanks!

Might be a leaky intercooler, sometimes they have a small fracture which gets bigger over time so is not noticed.

mine only has 1.5 bar of turbo pressure and when i asked our local daf agent and was told by them that was about the correct amount of turbo pressure

Ive just had exactly the same problem with my Volvo Fm 13 460,start of last week i noticed it was pulling crap up hill and i was having to knock it into manual and drop gears where as before she would pull like hell,
I also noticed the turbo gauge was only going up half way,reported it to the office and they told me my mate Neil’s Fm had the same problem last month and it was the emissions sensor on the exhaust,
So mine went into Volvo Milton Keynes on friday and it was the sensor on the exhaust which they replaced and now she is back up to speed :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

PS…Has your AdBlue consumption gone up?? mine went through the roof while the sensor was knackered

Yes, I think the AdBlue consumption has gone up - I’ve done one 5000km trip with this wagon before, and I think I used about the same amount of AdBlue then as I have on this 3000km one. Scotstrucker’s post is interesting, but I still think I should check if there is something wrong. Our other Daf goes up to 3bar instantly, and the Volvo’s I’ve driven on my other job do the same.

I’ve driven plenty of 60 tonne combinations with just 420 horsepower, they’ve pulled very well when empty (empty tilt type prime mover with empty 40’ HC container on trailer). This Daf on the other hand is small, only has 4 axles and was struggling on the hills around the south part of the M25.

Thanks for the replies

“Z”