Dad's Army

What is the proceedure if you have failed to renew your Hgv1 and subsequently do want to renew it?
Medical
CPC
Is there an age limit?
How old is te oldest driver who you have met?

Thats right and no age restriction I know of.

If under 45 you need to order form D47P or of over 45 you need D47PU from DVLA web site, then you can order or download / print the D4 medical form.

Take D4 to the docs which they mostly fill in, theres a few bits for you. Send it off with the other form and wait…and wait…

If not had one recently, I would recommend a blood pesssure check at the docs or buy a machine to emsure its well under 180 / 100. If 90 there is a risk you’ll fail on the day which is the headache I’m in.

For blood pressure issues look first at the NHS site.
There are links there to the British Heart Foundation, who list approved home BP monitors. As Trev says, not too expensive and a useful way to check up on yourself and see what you are doing right to help yourself before you need clinical assistance.

Blood Pressure
Low is 90/60 and below Normal is 128/80 Close to High is 128-140 /80-90 Very High is 140/90 and above
A decent BP Monitor you can get from a chemist or Boots not that expensive saves going to your Health Centre, many Drivers have BP controlled by prescribed tablets,nothing much to be concerned about

Make sure you buy a model recommended by the British and Irish Hypertension Society, plenty of choice across a wide price range

bihsoc.org/bp-monitors/for-home-use/

also get a oximeter its that thing you clamp on your finger that gives you a good indication of the oxygen levels in your blood and your pulse… about £15 on amazon…

One I got wrapped around my arm currently is an Omron M7 Intelli IT which isn’t the cheapest but is on that latter list and has been pear reviewed. There are cheaper versions but this one bluetooths results to an app so you can track results.

I should mention, the auto ones aren’t that nice to use the first few times as it wraps quite tight, but you get used to it. Also got an A&D one but they really crush your arm. Some of the cheaper ones don’t auto adjust the tightness and crush badly.

Never heard of an oximeter, but guess its similar to what hospitals use. Off to find one.