DAD LF Coolant

Hi everyone,

Not long bought my DAF LF 2004 , it’s not being used daily but i have a job coming up that will take me away the next week or so.
So i was checking coolant level and noticed the tank looks empty, just wondered why this would be and is it just a case of filling it?

Might seem like a dumb question to a lot of you but i just found it odd that it looks empty.

Thanks for reading and any advice is appreciated :slight_smile:

Shouldt really be empty. Mine has a check every 6 weeks they top it up. Think I’ve toped it up once.
Fiil it to top with antifreeze ideally or water.
Check for leaks keep eye on temperature needle . Or check the oil cap see if it looks white n gooey. If so cylinder head gaskets gone.

Thanks for your reply and info mate, i will indeed have a look!

Probably leaking somewhere, particularly at that age, rather than the engine using water it might be the leak is so minimal it’s not worth too much effort rectifying if it just means topping up the coolant every couple of months. Have a look for signs of leaking (white stains) round the water pump though as may well be a sign it’s on the way out.

If it has a slight water leak. I’d be tempted go to car spares shop get some radweld/ radiator sealant
Worked on my car when that had a slight leak . No reason why shouldt work on a truck

If you’re going to use a leak stopper product only use k-seal and nothing else - probably need at least two bottles for any engine that size.

the coolant hardline that goes over the top of the radiator and the one that goes up the front and over the top of the engine rusts, pinholes and leaks. if its started, you haven’t got long before its popped a rust scab off and ■■■■■■■ out. VOR it unless you feel like a long roadside siesta :smiley: