DAB radio

Want to buy a portable DAB digital radio, with speakers or a speaker dock. Chargeable with 12v/24v cigarette charger.
Loud enough to be able to listen to good quality sound whilst driving.
Any ideas?

I got one of these the other day, works well in the car/truck & kitchen and uses AAA batteries that last for ages, got an aux input in my radio and plugged it in to play through the trucks speakers:
greatdigitaldeals.co.uk/aves … -3076.html

Shop around on Amazon and Ebay in case its cheaper…

Oh had to buy a 3.5mm jack to 3.5mm jack cable for a couple of quid as it only comes with headphones.

That is awesome, thank you so much

If you have a smartphone with plenty of data allowance use the tunein radio app, I play mine through the trucks speakers. I think the app is free now too

Dipper_Dave:
I got one of these the other day, works well in the car/truck & kitchen and uses AAA batteries that last for ages…

It says they last for up to 8 hours…

Dab radio ■■■■■ in the truck unless you have a decent external powered aerial & even then I’m not sure. It’s great in the house on one if those pure yokes.

I can’t stand that sound when it loses signal it’s like when the fellow in Jaws runs his nails down the black board. :slight_smile:

Worse yet my truck stereo won’t let me keep it on fm, keeps changing it to dab, there’s probly a setting for it but there so ridiculously complicated nowadays.

Silver_Surfer:
Dab radio ■■■■■ in the truck unless you have a decent external powered aerial & even then I’m not sure. It’s great in the house on one if those pure yokes.

I can’t stand that sound when it loses signal it’s like when the fellow in Jaws runs his nails down the black board. :slight_smile:

Worse yet my truck stereo won’t let me keep it on fm, keeps changing it to dab, there’s probly a setting for it but there so ridiculously complicated nowadays.

I use a portable one similar to the one above and 99.9% of the time reception in the truck is fine. If using a lead to connect to the aux on your radio keep it as straight as possible.

amazon.co.uk/PURE-Highway-In … re+highway

dabonwheels.co.uk/Kinetic_Ma … erial.html

There ya go, for just under £120 you’re all set up.

The external aerial is a must, the ones that attach to the windscreen are terrible.

Powered from the cigarette lighter and transmitted via the speakers, DAB and radio talk to each other on an FM frequency.

Yeah may just be the ■■■■ poor windscreen aerial.

DadsRetired:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/PURE-Highway-In-Car-Radio-Transmitter/dp/B0012GLXMU/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1383330530&sr=1-1&keywords=pure+highway

dabonwheels.co.uk/Kinetic_Ma … erial.html

There ya go, for just under £120 you’re all set up.

The external aerial is a must, the ones that attach to the windscreen are terrible.

Powered from the cigarette lighter and transmitted via the speakers, DAB and radio talk to each other on an FM frequency.

Absolutely bang on shout!!
Cant fault it and its always on. Easy for cab hoping or if your in one unit only.

Although i have the windscreen aerial, ive not had much bother.

Excellent, thank you all